Illinois

Help with finding late night "comfort food" in the Chicago area

I want to have some late night "comfort food" for my guests. Food like sliders, grilled cheese, pizzas, shakes, malts, milk, etc. Every caterer we looked at who has these options are usually very expensive and offer more than we need.

Any suggestions?

Re: Help with finding late night "comfort food" in the Chicago area

• edited December 2011
    Order in pizza! Most places have appetizers and other foods too.  Super easy, super delicious and if you get "chicago style' it will be fun for your OOT guests too!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I wasn't aware that the appetizers could be used other than at the cocktail hour. The caterers we looked at had a seperate menu called "late night bites" and I thought that was the only option. Wasn't thinking straight on that one. lol
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you consider ice cream as a comfort food? because i just found out that icream now caters. that would be really cool to have at your wedding www.icreamcafe.com
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Who DOESN'T like ice cream?! Thanks for the suggestion
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have anyone that would be not drinking and willing to get a White Castle run?  a few crave cases?  Be careful with your hall about bringing in outside food i.e. ordering pizza or doing White Castle runs.

This also depends on how casual or formal you are willing to go.  We had a White Castle run for our hotel party with friends but not for the wedding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thinking pizza for the rehearsal dinner but NO for fast food at a wedding. Too tacky
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards