Illinois

NWR: Who lives downtown Chicago?

We are starting to look at apartments in the River North/Streeterville/Wacker/Marina City area?  Do you live in any of those areas and would you recommend your building? (or if you lived in the area at one time!)

We are looking for a 1 BR that takes dogs and has a balcony....  Thanks in Advance! :)

Re: NWR: Who lives downtown Chicago?

• edited December 2011
    I would not recmmend Marina City. I used to live in the gold coast at Division and Lake Shore Drive, and it was amazing. Then my FI and I decided to buy a condo and we looked and many buildings, Marina City being one of them. The building has ackward shaped units, and it is very old and does not allow dogs. A lot of the units are not even updated. As far as what building to recommend, it depends a bit on your budget. We ended up buying in the west loop, just east of Halsted , and I like it. It is very quiet here compared to being off the Mag. Mile. I would suggest looking around at several buildings. 1 Superior Place is pretty nice. They have free starbucks coffee for residents, good location, and nice amenities
  • edited December 2011
    I used to live in North Harbor Tower. It's not exactly where you're looking but it's pretty close. I lived on the 17th floor and had a great view of navy pier and a park.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought about working with an apartment broker or finder? We just moved to Chicago (the Loop) and we couldn't have done it without our broker. If you're interested in his name, send me a PM.
  • lilbitbeakerlilbitbeaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in the Ravenswood area.
    SO PRETTY

nice neighborhood, close to all kinds of public trans, yummy food places, cool little shops.

and the price was reasonable. very reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards