Pennsylvania-Central

Photographer Rec/Minnig Photography

I was wondering who here has used Minnig Photography for their wedding? Or is consdering using them?

Mollynagem, maybe you can help. You seem to know a lot about them.  Do you also happen to know that your screen name is a combination of their daughters' names? That's an interesting coincidence. You are very good at finding blog entires on their page that don't exist. The girls in Houston didn't seem to think they existed either. I was hoping that you would be willing to share your photos with me from your wedding that they shot. Or maybe one of your friends? You have lots of friends that have used them and are able to quote their prices and policies rather quickly, so this shouldn't be hard for you.

Thanks!

Re: Photographer Rec/Minnig Photography

• edited December 2011

Wow. Ummm ok. So you know the names of a photographer's daughters?!?! I would ask you how you know but I'm sure that no one would appreciate having their daughter's names published in a public forum.

I've used the profile of "Mollynagem" for many years. It's my Yahoo profile and in my gmail address. My dog's name is Molly and the rest is an abbreviation of my last name which I have no desire to share in a public forum.

Anyway. I came on TK as a bridesmaid to help find vendors for one of my best friends. I got hooked and have been on the site since 2008.

When I first got on the site, a few girls were recommending Minnig Photography. One of them was Aimee who used Minnig Photography back in August of 08. I'm not sure if she is on here any longer, but it would be up to her to give her password to view her photos. Another was Chrissy who highly recommended them from her wedding last July here on the knot.

The other that used them was in April of this year. You can probably see their directory listed on the Minnig's site as Mike and Amanda, but again, I am not going to go around giving out people's passwords on a public site. They are all available on their blog as samples if you would like to see the photos.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of photography and I loved the Minnig's work so I thought I would recommend them when I had the chance. I have been on TK sporadically but also highly recommend a two area DJs whenever I have the chance as well as a videographer.

I follow many local and national photographer's blogs since I have a minor in photography. If you would like other recommendations, I would be happy to suggest: www.hofferphotography.com in Philly, www.hassasphotography.com on the west coast, www.bobbyearle.blogspot.com in San Diego, Scott Church here in Harrisburg, Weddings and Beyond here in Harrisburg, Jeff Dietz in Wilkes Barre...etc. I have about a dozen blogs that I follow.

• edited December 2011
    Ok Molly. There are so many holes in your story, but I don't feel like picking it apart.

Please get off this board. We are not idiots and know you are a vendor. You post about Minnig Photography and then add in a line at the end saying, hey, this dj is good but use Minnig Photography. No bridesmaid would post that much about a photographer that they didn't even use themselves. I had a photographer that is a LOT better than you, and I don't post all over this board to use them (and yes, this is an AE that I am using because I don't really want you to know who I am)

Knot rules have relaxed to allow vendors within reason -- just don't pretend you're not. That's shady and sketchy and hardly the image you'd want to portray if you want Knottes to book you. I have seen businesses ruined because of things said on this board. Do you really want this reputation for Minnig Photography?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards