Illinois

New to this board!

Hello everyone. I'm new to this board. I'm getting married September 15 of this year in Decatur,IL. I have most of the planning out of the way but I have a huge problem....I cannot find a caterer!! We have around 150 guests and we would like a buffet style meal. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Re: New to this board!

• What kind of food are you looking to serve? I'm in Decatur as well, and Nelson's catering in Springfield is pretty reasonably priced as well as 5flavors, also located in Sfield and I was blown away when I spoke to them at the last bridal expo. They were extremely professional, and have amazing menu options. Debbie's diner does catering as well but it's more "homey" food, think mashed potatoes, corn, chicken etc but I think she offers somewhere for around 9 PP which is insanely low!
  • AllieS421AllieS421 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_new-to-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:617Discussion:7e5923d3-ba0f-48be-8c4b-92769daf026fPost:122b346e-1ac5-445b-b486-075e7e228a02">Re:New to this board!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What kind of food are you looking to serve? I'm in Decatur as well, and Nelson's catering in Springfield is pretty reasonably priced as well as 5flavors, also located in Sfield and I was blown away when I spoke to them at the last bridal expo. They were extremely professional, and have amazing menu options. Debbie's diner does catering as well but it's more "homey" food, think mashed potatoes, corn, chicken etc but I think she offers somewhere for around 9 PP which is insanely low!
    Posted by rleeds001[/QUOTE]

I am getting married in Bloomington and will be using Nelson's for our food. We went to a wedding a few weeks ago that used Nelson's and the food was delicious. Luckily, they are one of the in-house caterers for our venue. I would definitely look into them since their food really was great and they are pretty affordable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards