Illinois
Options

Bus or Shuttle Downton

Hi! Does anyone have a suggstion for a school bus or shuttle service for a downtown wedding? We need about 100 people transported from the Sax to the Tasting Room at the beginning of the wedding and at the end of the reception.

Or should we just make them cab it? ;)

I haven't had much luck with our hotel or venue. They both gave me numbers for van services, which would take about two hours to transport our whole crew.

The bridal party and parents will be taking cabs, because, well, that's how we do it in Chicago. ;)

Thanks!

Re: Bus or Shuttle Downton

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a Bridal Fair and saw London Limos, LTD. there. They have trolleys and buses. It would definitely be nicer if you could have transportation set for your guests.

Good luck! (If you do have to send everyone there in a cab, maybe assign a friend to be in charge of departure and making sure all of your guests get in a cab safely. Maybe you can even call a cab company ahead of time and see if there are any arrangements that can be made. Anything to make the transition easier. Especially if the weather is rainy or something)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
  • Options
    stephasuasustephasuasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception in Oak Brook, but our Ceremony was downtown near UIC. We hired ABC transportation. We needed transportation for 100 guests as well. From them, we got three hours of service, and on 57 passenger coach and one 41 passenger coach bus. The arrived promptly at 2:00 pm, picked up our guests at our hotel/reception venue, and took them all to the city. Our ceremony was at 3:00, and done by 3:40. Everyone hung around for a bit, and the buses arrived back just before 5 since there was a little city traffic. ABC charged us $450 per bus, and then we gave the drivers cash tips. I HIGHLY recommend them! We arranged everything with woman named Natasha. I probably priced out 15 bus companies, and this was the only one that would give me a good price for three hours of service, as many of these companies have a minimum of 5 hours of service. 
  • Options
    laurebkraftlaurebkraft member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We ended up getting bids from Busbank.com and it was great. We found school bus rentals for $70/hr to transport our guests between the venues. Our wedding isn't for six months, but we have high hopes, because the bidding and contracting process was great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards