Illinois

Chicago Alterations Suggestions?

Chicago brides, I need your help! I'm getting married in August and need to schedule an appointment very soon to get my dress altered. I got my dress from a store that doesn't have in house alterations so I need to find a tailor. My dress doesn't need much - slightly hemmed, build in a bustle, and take it in a little. But its lace and that makes me hesitant to go to just anyone since it isn't easy to work with.

Suggestions?? I've found a couple via Yelp but some of the reviews are terrifying. I'd really love to hear from recent brides about personal experiences with alterations. Also,  I'm willing to drive out of the city if need be.

Re: Chicago Alterations Suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    If you end up going to the Dress Doctor in Chicago, I have a coupon for 20% of alterations and $100 worth of accessories (veil, etc). They do all alterations for Vera Wang and other couture dresses. I just got my dress and it fits perfectly, so I have no need for it. I paid $50 (on Gilt City) but I would just like to get rid of it for $40. Let me know if you end up going there.
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mary Burlingame

She was gerat.  Incredibly friendly, amazing work, and great price.

http://www.citiservi.com/illinois/mary-burlingame-glen-ellyn__331728_1993.html

My dress started out a size 14 without straps and had to be taken up because I'm really short.  If you can tell from the picture, the top has intricate beading.  Mary removed the beading when taking the dress in, used the beads to create the straps, just an incredible amount of work that she did an amazing job.  She finished all the work in 6-8 weeks.

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • joo6758joo6758 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Taylor the owner of TWStyle is the goddess of alternations - I would email her info@taylorwilsonstyle.!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards