Ohio-Cincinnati

To my bride friends.

We got our photos back the other day. I'm happy with some of them, but overall I'm not pleased. There were only a handful of them that were not blurry.. This may seem stupid, but please LOVE your photographers work and not just the photographer. 

Re: To my bride friends.

• GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, that sucks!! Who did you use?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be soooo mad. :o(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ah what a disappointment. I'm sorry to hear that. I feel like photography is such an important part of the day and you must trust in your photographer's work to be sure they will deliver results. I don't mind skimping on a cheaper wedding favor or less extravagant flowers, but to me, photography is SUCH a big deal that it's the only area I don't mind splurging on.

Do you mind sharing who your photographer was?

You can always hire a different photographer and re-dress up in your gown/tux and do some Trash The Dress pics or recreate the day! I have some friends who got married in Denver but are from Phoenix, so they hired a photographer a month after they're wedding, got all dressed up again (I think the bride did her own hair and makeup so the only cost was the photography) and they went in the desert and did a bunch of really cool, rustic pictures. Plus if you hire a photographer just for 2 hours or so it will probably be reasonably priced!
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cinnabun,

I agree. Photography, other than venue/food, is the biggest part of our budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Can I just say thank you for posting this?  I have bitten my tongue before seeing posts recommending vendors, especially photography.  It's great to get referrals from other brides, but wait for some reviews.  I recommended my florist before I was married and was extremely disappointed with the rusults.  I then felt silly for recommending someone who I ultimately was unhappy with.  

Especially with photography, you only get one chance to get those photos.  It is the most lasting reminder of the wedding day (not the marriage, y'all know what I mean).  Read reviews and look at full weddings (not just 1 or 2 good pictures from many weddings).  Use the nest.  It's not active over there, but most of those ladies love talking about their weddings.  

I'm sorry you didn't get what you were looking for.  I hope maybe with some editing you get some you can be happy with. 
  • andrearae0620andrearae0620 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_bride-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:003a5fde-f5a2-4ac0-ae2c-4270a9ce8d5dPost:470b8bd0-f67e-4dca-8ed7-e6e487c20f77">Re: To my bride friends.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah what a disappointment. I'm sorry to hear that. I feel like photography is such an important part of the day and you must trust in your photographer's work to be sure they will deliver results. I don't mind skimping on a cheaper wedding favor or less extravagant flowers, but to me, photography is SUCH a big deal that it's the only area I don't mind splurging on. Do you mind sharing who your photographer was? You can always hire a different photographer and re-dress up in your gown/tux and do some Trash The Dress pics or recreate the day! I have some friends who got married in Denver but are from Phoenix, so they hired a photographer a month after they're wedding, got all dressed up again (I think the bride did her own hair and makeup so the only cost was the photography) and they went in the desert and did a bunch of really cool, rustic pictures. Plus if you hire a photographer just for 2 hours or so it will probably be reasonably priced!
    Posted by cinnabun72[/QUOTE]

<div>great idea...i also know someone who's done something similar. sorry to hear this. :(</div>
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    edited December 2011
    Good idea Cinnabun! I actually know of 2 girls who did this. They were called Newleywed sessions. They werent happy with their wedding photos so they dressed up in their wedding attire and did a bunch of pictures outside with a different vendor and they turned out amazing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Stef, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your photos.  Have you spoken with the photographer? Maybe they can "clean up" the photos somehow?   I would definitely discuss a refund with them.

Explore your options.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards