Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Natural Family Planning question

Is anyone taking this class or has anyone taken it? My fiance and I are taking it as a requirement by our church before we get married. Do you get a certificate at the end or something? Our first class was 3 hours long (expected) and didn't realize there are a total of 3 classes. I haven't been doing the stuff/homework that we are supposed to do. I don't have the time to right now with a month left before the wedding.

Re: Natural Family Planning question

• Options
    edited December 2011

We just ended them. It sucks!!!! But the church (depending on which diesosis) will not let you get married without it. At the very last class they give you a paper. You have to turn it in to your church. They are all 3 hrs long :( I just fudged my charts bc it freaked me out that someone wanted to know about my mucus. (its so baby snatcher esque, lol) We even had a class on superbowl sunday and they didnt cut it short. Are you taking the ones at St. Elizabeth w/the married couple?

• Options
    paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hold. The. Phone. I'm not Catholic but I've got the concepts of natural family planning. You have to turn in your CHARTS??? How bizarre! I think the only person who should see those is my doctor. You're serious??
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm taking NFP classes in the fall.  We're very excited for it!  It will be a blessing for our marriage.

I think that if you wanted to discuss it, bring it to the Catholic board.  You'll get better results because there'll be brides who are of similar faith and values or who have gone through it already.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards