Florida-West Coast
Options

Any Clearwater Beach/Sand Key Brides?

I was wondering if anyone is having their reception on Clearwater Beach or Sand Key and where they're having it at. I'm looking for somewhere in that area to hold my reception and am looking for suggestions.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any Clearwater Beach/Sand Key Brides?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I didn't have mine there, date didn't work out. But, several of my friends have.  Sheraton Sand Key does a nice job as well as SandPearl. 
  • Options
    stacybrideflstacybridefl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks DNA. They both look nice but EXPENSIVE. Sheraton's buffet is like $140pp and SandPearl is even more than that...yikes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are not dead set on Clearwater/Sand Key area, a little south of there is the Holiday Inn Harbourside on Indian Rocks beach.  The hotel does not sit on the beach, it is on the intercoastal but just a short couple of blocks away.  They have a buffet that starts at about $25 per person.  They have a food and beverage minimum.  Also since it seems that cost is a concern, you might want to think of having your reception during the day.  In some cases it can cut costs in half.  My reception was over around 430pm and was perfect, we still had time for more pictures and had time to spend with friends afterwards.  HTH.
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marriott Sand Key! We're getting married there and having our reception. The prices are really reasonable and Desiree is wonderful to work with! We looked at the Sheraton, but felt that it needed some updating through the hotel. We also looked at Sand Pearl, and we were not thrilled with their prices for our room block. The Marriott isn't right ON the beach, but it is on the water! Feel free to email me if you want more details! jennifer8080 at gmail dot com
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Options
    stacybrideflstacybridefl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer~ We were going to have it at the Marriott but Desiree told us we couldn't make reservations over a yr in advance but she would still try to save our date. Then she emailed me a couple of days ago and said that some business reserved the ballroom for the same date and have a contract so we're out. I'm heartbroken about it since it was so perfect. I loved the stairs for pictures and how you can have their babysitters watch the kids during the reception. I loved it but I think their policy is BS since we were willing to put down the $1000 deposit and sign a contract and weren't able to because of their stupid policy. Kelcat~ Thank you for the suggestion. Next time FI is home (he travels on business) I think we will go check it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That does seem like total BS! I'm really shocked by that, I'm sorry you had sucha negative experience.
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Options
    MisheleReneeMisheleRenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stacy, I don't know if you found a place yet. I am searching for a reception site as well. Currently, The Marriot Sand Key is featuring specials. I negotiated $30 off per person, for the wedding package prices, by forgoing the open bar. Also, they are throwing in a free bridal package at their spa (free hair, make-up, manicure and pedicure). Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards