Florida-West Coast
Options

Hair and make up for the bridal party?

So I've been talking with Cori from KyleLynn hair and make up and she quoted me a price of $900 to get hair and make up done onMyselfMother of the BrideMother of the GroomFlower GirlMOH4 Bridesmaids$900 seems a bit expensive to me to spend on hair and makeup..especially when the ceremony is outside on the beach at 6 p.m..I was thinking to make it a bit cheaper to maybe not get the 4 bridesmaids, MOH, or flower girl's make up done and just their hair so that would be a total of $600. I would love everyone's opinion on this and what is right or wrong to do. I've already gotten flip flops for everyone to wear, tank tops, and sashes so I feel like I've spoiled them pretty good so far! :)Also, if anyone has any reviews about KyleLynn I would greatly appreciate it! Cori seems very nice and professional and has been responding quicker than any other vender I've emailed which I like.Thanks!

Re: Hair and make up for the bridal party?

• Options
    longboatbridelongboatbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $100 per person for both hair and make-up actually seems very reasonable. Not really sure you should get FG's hair or makeup done. I'm sure her mother or someone else in the wedding party could do it. If you need to cut the cost back, cut out both hair and makeup for the entire bridal party. Maybe offer them the option to pay for it themselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Flower Girl is my daughter who will be 4 then so I think I may just do her hair and splash on a little make up for fun. Now that I think about it I do agree it would be silly to get either done on a 4 year old. Then that would bring it down to $550..I'm doing better!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have the same dilemma.  I'm not sure what I want to do about my bridal party's hair and makeup.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think $100 is very reasonable! Don't feel obligated to do this, but if you can afford it, it's a great perk!
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have booked the lady who is doing my hair and make up and let me bridal party know as well as fmil if they would like to get their hair and make up done thats fine if not thats okay as well. I know all 3 of my girls want their make up done but 2 of them jiust want a blow out and a style but no up do so they are saving money there. I would say it is a bit much for you to pay for, I mean if thats what you had decided to do for their gifts then okay but sicne you already have done stuff I would say dont feel bad. As far as the FG mine is going to be 3 (my daughter as well) and I am going to have my FMIL do her hair and maybe put a little lip gloss on her and calling it a day. She will be playing so much her hair will fall down and she will run the makeup off not to mention not sit still for it,  hahaha! I would say go with people payingfor them selves
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards