Florida-West Coast
Options

What do you think...

ok, so this is way early to think about invites, but i like to plan early :)  so here's my idea:  i want to do something a little different for the invites.  i was thinking that i wanted to do postcards - like several different ones (all sent together in an envelope though, somehow cutely put together).  our wedding is not formal, so i'm not worried about the 'relaxed' appearance of postcards1 for the wedding info1 for accomodations, etc.  and then have 2 in there for RSVP - one for the florida part and one for the at home BBQ.  WDYT?  very early stages of the planning - just an idea I came up with yesterday.  i actually found an old postcard of the hotel, so that would work for the accomodations part, then i can find a florida beach one for the wedding info, etc.  i was planning on getting one of each, scanning them and prining on cardstock and then printing the info on the backsorry about the long, rambling post i'm quite bored at work today... 
Photobucket

Re: What do you think...

• Options
    tabvarn80tabvarn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds cute.  i would try to change the sizes on them though.  Like the Wedding info on 5x7, then the accomodations on a little smaller piece and so on?  Make any sense?  It *may* end up a little more expensive at the post office depending on how the weight of the cardstock. Would you have them send the RSVP's back AS the post card? or send an envelope with?  Would you need to have their dinner choices?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of just have the RSVPs as postcards - we're doing a buffet, so we don't need menu choices or anything, just not sure if people would rather put it in an envelope?  i was thinking about the different sizes too - i'm going to have to just play around with some cardstock so i can see what i can do
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think sending them back as post cards would be just fine! :)  I would suggest having a bunch of different post cards (for the RSVP's) that way you aren't getting back a ton of the same card...and you could use them for scrapbooking (if your into that) your wedding things. :) It would be really cool if some how you could have them send a post card of their own back... On one of the other boards somebody sent their rsvps as blank postcards and then the guests drew their own pictures to send back. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE THE IDEA.  I did postcards for the Save the Dates and they were a hit.  [img]<a href="http://www.mywedding.com/carolynanddaveswedding/images/frontorginalart.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://www.mywedding.com/carolynanddaveswedding/images/frontorginalart.jpg</a>[/img]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea! It sounds great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I have about 9 months to mess around with it, so I'm sure I'll be able to figure something out  :)Tab - I do scrapbook, so that's a great idea!  I actually really need to start one soon - I was planning on doing one of me and FI from when we were little through now and then having that at the wedding in place of a slide show, just to do something a little different.  Are slide shows popular by you guys?  I haven't seen much about them, they are extrememly popular here. But as usual I wanted to do something a little different :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I have ever been to a wedding with a slide show...but I have thought about doing it, just not sure where we would get the equipment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they're fun - I *think* the videographer usually sets it up here,  but I'm not positive.  It always seems to be a crowd pleaser - something to do while everyone is sitting and eating
    Photobucket
  • Options
    WestLoopJenniWestLoopJenni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what we are doing.  My uncle owns his own printing business and I found this design online and he is using this as the inspiration.  Our colors on chocolate brown and aqua and I just had to decide what I wanted eacfh layer to say.  The rsvp one will be a perforated postcard that gets can detach and mail.  You could make several postcards and then by grommets at Michaels.  Here is the link where I found the idea:http://www.thepulpstudio.com/custom-wedding-invitations/lauryn.html
    image Simon & Simon image Simon at 10 Months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Grommets are a great idea - I actually have a ton of them in my scrapbook stuff.  I have a perforating blade too, so that will be a good way for the RSVPs - thanks!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards