Florida-West Coast

Early vendor rave: Kitty Verney Calligraphy in Sarasota

Kitty has been absolutely amazing.  We changed our wedding date so we were on a very short timeline to get our invitations out.  She did 62 inner and outer envelopes in a few days so we could send them out.  They were gorgeous.  People in line at the post office commented on how beautiful they were.  Invitees have commented on how perfect the calligraphy was.  Kitty also insists that you hold off on payment until you know everyone got theirs and that you have no one to add.  I have asked her for additional addressed envelopes on two occasions and to correct an envelope where I had a typo - she did these quickly (within the day).  When I ran out of envelopes - she MADE them.  Including a lined inner envelope.  She is also incredibly sweet and kind and gave me all sorts of tips (like putting a small number on the back of the RSVP card to coordinate with the invitee on a master list in case the invitee forgets to put their name - which happened).  If you need a calligrapher in Sarasota, I highly recommend her.  The best money I have spent on this wedding so far by far.

Re: Early vendor rave: Kitty Verney Calligraphy in Sarasota

• edited December 2011
    How much does she charge. I'm in Sarasota too, and I love to see local vendors.  And it sure makes my life easy not to have to drive, etc. My invites are very modern so I'm not sure if this is something I'll do, but if the price is right - maybe.
  • bkkimxbkkimx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $2.25/per set of inner and outer envelopes.  My invitations were more on the whimsical/modern side, but she has many different styles.  Frankly, I dreaded sitting and addressing the them, so it was a joy to have someone else do them so beautifully.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards