Florida-West Coast
Options

Help with Bridesmaid Dresses

Hey guys, my name is Tiffany.  My date is May 15th, 2010.  I'm having a little problem with the bridesmaid dresses.  I know I have awhile to deal with the dresses, but as the economy is messing with everyone, I started looking a little early.Here's my (slight) dilemma: At first I was thinking of having my girls wear sundresses that they find a ross or TJ Maxx in blue (the color scheme of the wedding is blue and silver).  But as time went by, my mom and I decided on a little more of a formal setting and started looking into longer dresses.One of my BM's is kinda tall and skinny, one is a bit bigger (about a size 14) and the last is closer to the plus sizes.  And their financial situations are all about the same- two are in college and one just got a new job.Basically, I'm trying to find a bridal shop that sells longer dresses for under $150.  And even anything cheaper than that would be great.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Help with Bridesmaid Dresses

• Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Davids Briday bridesmaid dresses average between 135-155 but if you buy your dress there you get a coupon for $20 off all bridesmaid and mother of the bride dresses.  Huge selection!  My bridesmaids are a 2,6,8,and 16 and all their dresses are different styles to suit their bodies but they are all long, marine and chiffon.  I also got a Davids credit account with no interest for 12 months and put the girls dresses on that and they paid me when the dresses came in.  HTH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Alfred Angelo...Cathy's Bridal in Clearwater carries that line and was about $20 cheaper than anyone else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we used alfred angelo too. The dresses were originally 129, but we got 10% off for paying in full, so they came in at like 135ish.  I would still try like Macy's Dillard's, etc though!
  • Options
    nillachicknillachick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Alfred Angelo. I had a similar problem - one bridesmaid is a size 2, one is a size 12 and one will have just had twins so will be a lot bigger - we picked style # 7015 at Alfred's b/c it seems to be good for all body types. My wedding is May 7, 2010, but I figured with the economy, etc, we might as well have it decided early, and one bridesmaid has already ordered. Her total was $134 and she paid half at first and half when it comes in. That is the normal price, I believe. She went to the Alfreds in Tampa. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Tweets Bridal in Tampa FL on Waters Ave. They have tons of books with dresses in them that look like very highend but are very affordable. The best part is that if you'd like you can rent the dresses but because you're usually the first person to wear it no one ever has to know and you're not getting a used dress. A bride I am currently planning a wedding for is renting her wedding dress from then it it looks like it costs thousands of dollars but she's renting it for $450 and it's a brandnew dress. If she decides she wants to purchase it it's only about $300 more. They offer the same deal for bridesmaid dresses which are MUCH cheaper so your friends have the option of purchasing their dress or just renting it. Let me know if you want more specific details and would like their number. Best of Luck :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards