Florida-West Coast
Options

Need to vent!

Ughhh, I never thought I'd say it... but I can't wait until the wedding is over! FMIL just sent over the rest of the addresses for the invites and more people have been added (FI's brother's friend's parents!), plus they want to get a bus for the guests to go from the church to the reception. My parents are already paying $113/person for food and drinks alone, so I really don't think it's fair for them to pay for a bus too, esp. when none of our family is using it. Ours is paying for their own transportation. So far, my parents are paying for everything and it makes me feel horrible. Food and drinks alone are going to be $25,000! I'm getting so stressed out and seriously just want to cry... and call off the big wedding and elope!!! Am I being unreasonable in getting upset over this?

Re: Need to vent!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, angwielk! I feel much better knowing that I'm not being unreasonable or dramatic! I sent her an email and asked how many they think are going to come because we need a new count for the reception hall. I spoke with my FI about the additional people and he didn't have much to say. He said he'll ask them about the bus and I told him my parents are not paying for it. I really don't want to argue over our wedding day! He has no idea how much it costs per person and I think it's time I tell him so that everyone is aware of how expensive it is and understands why we cannot keep adding people to the guest list! I never knew wedding planning was this complicated and frustrating! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is totally reasonable to feel stressed.I think it is fair to tell you FMIL that you can not afford a bus for transporation - it isn't in the budget. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am right there with you!!! I am over the whole wedding planning thing. I am ready for the day to be here!! I want it to be done and all my hard work to pay off!! I have told so many of my single friends go to the court house...hahah!!I totalllly understand your point!! I would say that if your fil want the bus they should pay for it...I know that is hard to say but thats what needs to be said. I would talk to your FI about it and see what he says. Masybe he can talk to his parents so that you dont seem like the bad guy...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! :) I talked to him about it last night and he said we'll talk to them on Saturday when we go there for dinner. Hopefully we can come to some resolutions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards