Florida-West Coast
Options

Negotiating...

So...I am going to try (or have my mom try, cause I suck) to negotiate with my venue about a bar package...they do not offer one!! UGH.  How much are you paying for 4 hours of beer and wine?  1 hour of cocktail hourclosed for entrance and dinnerreopened after dinner until 1030ish.  Reception is over at 11, but I like the idea of closing the bar down at 1030 and having coffee and water...

Re: Negotiating...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just looking back at some of my quotes....$6/per guest per hour$15/per guest for 4 hours The rest of my quotes don't list out the liquor package separate :) HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    is it per guest of legal age or just per number of guest?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not 100% (because I didn't look further into the venues) but it should be ppl of legal age :) if not thats some crap
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think ours would include soda's too, so it would probably be per person.  I just hope they will work something with me...the bar tab is keeping me up at night. ugh
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting our liquor through our caterer, so they are usually a lot less expensive than getting it through a venue.  That being said we are paying around $13 per person (not including children and vendors... those are $2.50) for 5 hours of premium open bar.  HTH!! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If there aren't willing to do a per person... You could just put a cap on the tab amount :) or (I know it's prob. tacky) but a token system...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Originally we were going to put a cap on it...I just feel bad doing that...  But there are a ton of drinkers in the family...ugh
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When i was in Chicago the one girl said they didnt have a pp rate, and that their bar bill ended up being like 15K.  She said she thought her mom was going to have a heart attack!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy Moly Ang! Thats ridiculous! Tab you have to do a cap... but just ask them to tell you when they reached it, taht way you can add more if you want :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not cool...not cool at all.  Cap..it is...unless my mom can negogiate with them...cause I know I can't.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah definitely have a cap, but have them tell you.  Did you decide to do wine on the table??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wine on the tables will probably be a last minute thing.  Depending on cash on hand. ugh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Completely feel you!  FI and I got into a fight about money last night!  He said we are spending too much and need to cut.  I was like Uh.... its 6 weeks away, we cant really cut anything at this point, lol!!  He has no clue about all of the time, effort and my own $$ that I have put into this wedding!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They really don't get it.  I'm like come on now...the wedding is almost here and then you can buy all the things that you haven't been able to.  Killing me, I swear. 
  • Options
    Mrs.KristenMrs.Kristen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about supplying your own and hiring a bartender?   When we figured out how many people we thought were going to drink vs what the caterer was charging pp it ended up being cheaper for us to hire a bartender and supplying them with the alch.  Dunno if your hotel allows outside but it is worth pricing out. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She isn't allowed to....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yah pretty sure I have to use their bar, I can bring in wine for the tables but there is a 'corking' or 'uncorking' fee.  Not sure which is the correct term, lol.
  • Options
    Mrs.KristenMrs.Kristen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry caught that apparently while i was writing a response a whole lot of other people responded
  • Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how helpful this is since I"m having full open bar.  I have to use the venue's alcohol so it's included in the entire pp dinner price, around $68 pp.  This includes: cocktail hr, 3 more hrs open bar, champagne toast and dinner.  I'm pretty sure it's $24 pp for just the alcohol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards