Florida-West Coast
Options

Poll: Bathroom baskets?

I originally was going to do them...then my mom said they really aren't necessary...and now there is a post on P&E about them and I'm second-guessing myself and wondering if I should put them back on the DIY list. I completely own up to being a very detail-oriented perfectionist who drives myself crazy fairly regularly with projects like these. Are you doing them? If so, what are you putting in them? Would you be annoyed/disappointed/otherwise distraught if you went to a wedding and they didn't have them?

Re: Poll: Bathroom baskets?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL I am a detail-oriented gal as well, I was planning on doing them. I know most things won't be needed, but I like to have more than not enough :) That being said, I've never been to a wedding where they DID have them. The last wedding I was in, I was actually looking for one cause I needed bobby pins and hairspray. I don't really have a list put together yet for what I plan on putting in them. Probably nothing extravagent; bobby pins, hairspray, gum, tylenol, maybe some other little things...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They aren't necessary, but I wanted them as an added touch. I found the baskets (in chocolate brown) at Joann's for 50% off. They ended up being $5 each. I picked up some stuff at Target in the "travel section." It was mostly a dollar or less. Hair spray, lotion, bobby pins, hair bands, mini first aid kits, mouthwash, tums, gum, tampons, contact solution, etc. That said, we came in at $20 for all the accessories and $10 for both baskets. I'm glad we decided to do it. I'm going to tie some pink ribbon on the handles and put a little message on the front.
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing them. The restrooms at our venue are very elegant (I know, sounds strange saying that for a bathroom) but a basket will look nice. I'm doing hairspray, bobby pins, safety pins, gum, Advil, mouthwash, mints, contact solution and tissues. I know their something I'm missing but I'll figure it out.
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding reception in a place that did not already provide bathroom baskets. Have you checked to see if your wedding reception venue already provides these?
  • Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on doing them. They're not completely necessary, but they're cheap and easy to put together. Someone will ultimately end up needing something and they'll thank you for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards