Florida-West Coast
Options

Michele Renee vs. Darla Stafford -- HELP!!

Hi all,We had some change of plans for our day-of wedding times and now I want to get a different hair/makeup artist to come out to the venue. I originally booked someone who I had to go to and she was charging me $125 for hair/makeup for each the trial and day-of. She was also charging this price for my mom and sister who are also getting their's done. She said my sister would need to be there at 7:30am, then my mom at 9:30am, and me at 11:30, but my wedding isn't until 6:30pm and I'm scared my hair will fall (I'm wearing it mostly down.) So, now I'm back to square one with hair and makeup. I've read raves about both Michele Renee and Darla Stafford. Does Darla do airbrush? If both are available for my date (November 25- it's a wednesday so i'm hopeful), then who do you think is better? I saw in one review that Darla stays onsite to do touchups? Any info would be MUCH appreciated!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!

Re: Michele Renee vs. Darla Stafford -- HELP!!

• Options
    corstinkcorstink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Darla doesn't do airbrush the last I heard. I'm a bigger fan of airbrush because it seems to last longer. But Darla does stay for touchups which is a definite plus.... I would see who is available and go from there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Michele Renee and my trial went great! I dont know much about Darla though, sorry!
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Darla due to her great reviews. I've heard good things about Michele, but I've also heard from other brides here that she has bailed out last minute on a few brides, and that the substitutes she sent were not of the highest caliber. Just not the kind of thing I want to take a chance on... but the people she hasn't bailed on have always had good experiences, from what I've heard! Also, I emailed both of them inquiring about services, and once I asked Michele to put in the contract that it would be her, and not an assistant, I would be working with, she never emailed me back.
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Darla and can't wait. One bride to be had her trial recently with Darla and loved her and what she did. I've never heard anything bad on Darla but have heard some negative things (especially more recently) about Michelle not showing up or sending someone that didn't know where they were going, etc. As PP said, this is not something I am willing to risk on the day of my wedding. Darla and her assistant Julie are coming to my hotel to do our hair and make-up. I've heard Darla is absolutely fabulous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Darla is amazing! She stays for touch-ups and helps with alot during the day! I recommend Darla!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about Darla, but i know i had my trial with Michele after my sister used her over the summer and i love her and her staff! She was amazing at my sisters wedding, she had a HUGE bridal party and Michele along with the other two sylist were amazing! They had us relax and laughing the entire time! Also, they do airbrush makeup which the whole point of is that is lasts so much longer than foundation and touchup is rarely needed (at least we didnt think we needed any.) And when they build you a timeline they build in 30 minutes at the end before its time to go just for touchups on hair and makeup. I can speak for anyone else, but I my experiance with her during my sisters wedding and at my trial was nothing but good. I dont if that helps, but thats my thoughts! Good luck on your search!
  • Options
    Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gracemartin, do you have photos of your trial? We would love to see them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards