Florida-West Coast
Options

Bridesmaid Dress- All Sizes: HELP!!

I am having a little trouble making a decision on Bridesmaid dresses.... My Bridesmaids range from size 0-22. If you've have/had this same situation and worked with Davids Bridal, please give advice!! We looked there and the bridesmaids all agreed on a dress, I just don't know if it flatters everyone.......... Any other inexpensive dresses?? We are trying to stay under $130 :)How do ya'll feel about brown and light blue as colors, or navy and yellow- for a March Beach Wedding.....????Thanks for any suggestions and help!!!!

Re: Bridesmaid Dress- All Sizes: HELP!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Alfred Angelo, they are pretty similar to David's Bridal in terms of the type of product they offer and the price.  We had no problems with any of the dresses and they run pretty true to size.  Both of those colors are cute, although I love navy and yellow. 
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    bnlchic03bnlchic03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that color combo would be great! As far as the dresses go...have you considered just letting everyone pick their own dress in the same color? You can create some guidelines (as in, it has to be knee-length and choice of these kinds of sleeves), but that way everyone will get something that flatters them. I know this might not be your taste, so no worries if it's not, but I did it for my wedding and I thought it came out great! I had the same issue - sizes ranging from 4 to 22 and everyone looked beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went BM dress shopping last night with two BM.  My BM are all about the same dress size - though some short, busty, tall, etc.  I decided on the color, and then the two girls last night picked the dresses.  My BM will pick from two dresses.  My MOH will be in her own dress that no one else has.  Total of three different dresses.  The dresses are all the same material.You can see pictures of the dress in my planning bio under Bridesmaids.
  • Options
    rdoernbergrdoernberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Navy and yellow!!! What does the dress look like that they agreed upon? If it's strapless or something maybe you could have the bigger girls get a wrap or something (if it would make them more comfortable/more flattering).
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the navy & yellow idea... very classic beachy. I also agree w/ the pp, by considering different styles of dresses for different body types. How many BMs are you having?
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    bob&sambob&sam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe that with Angelo dresses they are less expensive at netbride.com and houseofbrides.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies!! I actually have 7 Bridemaids, I know- I'm crazy, but they are all very special to us and I have 3 sisters..... I'm gonna check out the sites and def. look into having different dresses.... I think most people liked the Navy and Yellow... :) Thanks Again!!!
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another for navy and yellow! (my colors too, yay!) Also another for different dresses, however, with 7 different girls that might be tougher. Might not. Go to Davids Bridal website and you can "design your own wedding party" and you can pick how many bridesmaids you have and put them each in a different dress and get a slight idea of what they look like next to each other. But it's cartoony, not true to life. Keep in mind that different materials can make the same colors look slightly different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also do 3 different dress styles so that your MOH is different from all of them and the other girls alternate between 2 styles.  My BMs are all different sizes so I had them select their own dresses as long as the color, fabric, and hem length was the same.  I love it because the styles they picked are unique to each of their personalities and they will be happier since they got to pick what they liked.  Navy tends to be more flattering and slimming on a variety of people so I would go with navy and yellow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards