Florida-West Coast
Options

Liquor Prices

So we are paying for a bartending service, but we are providing our own liquor. We were just going to go to ABC to purchase when we get into town. We are having 20 guests, with probably about 60% of them drinking. We are trying to figure out how much we really will need. I figure we can buy a couple cases of beer, but not sure on the liquor. I dont even drink liquor so really unsure. Any one have insight on this? We budgeted $500 for liquor....do you think I would even need that much?

Re: Liquor Prices

• Options
    Golfer'sLadyGolfer'sLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For 75 guests we spent $423 on wine, beer, soda (Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite) and bottled water.  We actually ran out of booze just as the reception was ending (I don't think anyone was the wiser) so it wasn't really enough!We purchased all of our beverages from Sam's Club.Here's the breakdown:144 bottles of water72 cans of Coke and Diet Coke48 cans of Sprite9 bottles of Cabernet9 bottles of Chardonnay3 cases of Bud3 cases of Miller Lite3 cases of Heineken
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOh fun!! I'm a bartender, you're talking my language:) You are assuming there are about 12 guests who will drink. What time of day is your wedding? Saturday night, monday morning? Do you know what it is that they normally drink? Any scotch drinkers? I normally drink wine or beer but I drink gin at weddings. Does the bartender service provide mixers like coke, tonic, juices, limes and lemons? You can start by knowing that if you want to do a toast you need champagne. I would make sure to have 5 bottles of champagne to start. Then maybe 2 liters of vodka, 2 rum, one bourbon, one gin, possibly one tequila??? Do you plan on serving wine? If so, red and white wine,4-6 bottles each, and then white zinfandel (a box should do it there). I'm talking to my fiance as I type this and he keeps making me go back and change my #s because I am assuming people will drink at your wedding like I think they will drink at mine (lots of restaurant business people). He thinks I'm crazy, I think I would hate to run out. Either way, for 12 people, even if you do grey goose and nice wines I think you won't need as much as 500. Also, Sams Club or Total Wine and Spirits will be much cheaper than ABC. HTH..:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The wedding is on a Wednesday. There is a cocktail hour from 3:30-4:30, and than a reception from 4:30-8:30/9:00. After looking at the guest list, there is only 3 people that will probably not drink at all. Its probably a even split between beer/wine, and than a little bit more drinking liquor. We were thinking of doing a specality drink though...like a keylime pie martini perhaps. The bartending service provides Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} one bartender, lemons, limes, olives, onions(what is this about?), ice, coolers, and cocktail napkins.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would buy more than less.  MOst places will let you return it too, as long as the seal isnt broken.  I would probably check to make sure wherever you get it from would let you.  Then it really wouldn't matter as much! 
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Total Wine on Dale Mabry has good prices and allows you to return any unopened bottles (at least they did for a friend who got married about a month ago). I wouldn't think that with the wedding being on a Wednesday there would be too much drinking involved if your guests are local and have to work the next day. If most of your guests are out of towners and will be staying for a few more days then they'll probably drink as if it were a Friday or Saturday night wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards