Florida-West Coast
Options

who is your DJ?

I think this is one of my hardest vendors to decide on!  Any advice???

Re: who is your DJ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we used Felix the DJ for our wedding on 9/26/09. honestly, he was a bit pricey but options were very limited because we waited too long to book this vendor. I think he did an excellent job keeping everyone dancing and having fun and his lights and sound system were top of the line. He set up the sound including mic on the beach for our ceremony, as well as the cocktail hour by the pool, AND had separate equipment for the reception room. we were a tad bothered by the shameless plugging of himself though toward the end of the night... all in all though, we are happy with our decision to book him. he used good judgment for the most part playing widely palatable songs in the beginning while appealing to the younger crowd during the later hours of the night.
  • Options
    Sarahbelle2Sarahbelle2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He was plugging himself? Yikes! That is not good. I would have been very mad, unless you are getting a discount and have agreed to it, I expect my vendors to come in, do their job and leave,- NOT advertise! Anyone else have a similar experience with another vendor?
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having Rob Sword from Sword Sounds. Isn't everyone? :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Rob Sword! I have heard nothing but great things about him and his company. He is our officiant and doing the music for the ceremony/reception :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This too became one of our hardest decisions.  We are using RJ Vida.  He is young, and has a great attitude.  When we met with him, he was professional and had great ideas.  He is setting up specifically for our venue, speakers for our ceremony, and then for the dance area.  When he goes to any venue, he figures out what is best and then makes note of that for any future events there.  Can you tell we were impressed by him?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used DJ by CJ (www.djbycj.com).  He was great!  I highly recommend checking him out.  He arrived hours before the wedding to set up.  He made sure our champagne glasses were full and ready for our toast.  He played all of our must plays.  He added a few touches that really spiced up the evening. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Ben fron Grant Hemond and Associates
  • Options
    rdoernbergrdoernberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sean Corey of Sean Corey Entertainment. He's a little pricey but the DJ was one of our most important things and he seems wonderful,a nd was highly recommended by our photographer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rob Sword also.. Ha, ha. It does seem like everyione is using him. That must be a good thing though?! right?!
  • Options
    nillachicknillachick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Frank Lebano!
  • Options
    lproutenlprouten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Rob Sword also based on everyones great reviews. Had our phone interview and LOVED him!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having Rob Sword from Sword Sounds..He was great over the phone.  I'm a destination bride and he made me feel very comfortable...plus heard nothing but great reviews about him on the board
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards