Florida-West Coast
Options

Yippie, Venue Meeting

I'm officially meeting with my possible venue on Saturday.So what should I ask them, I'm totally lost LOL.Do any of you have a list of questions to ask, or questions you asked, or maybe questions you forgot to ask and wish you would have asked but forgot to?Thanks !

Re: Yippie, Venue Meeting

• Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a long list my mom and I came up with when I was meeting with venues. I have it on my computer at home, I can send it to you later this evening if you'd like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think along with some obvious, inherent questions, the overall vibe you get from the person is important.  Did they show up on time?  Do they appear organized? etc.I totally got a bad vibe from the guy in charge at Selby and still went with it because I love the venue.  He 1) told me I had a date, sent me the contract and then called to tell me he made a mistake and 2) scheduled another wedding on the same day in the smaller venue on the property... allowed, but something he told me wouldn't likely happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Julie that would be great! Moon - I totally get what you mean, I have to like the person I'm dealing with :)
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also suggest to think about your guests. My grandfather uses a walker... would he be able to easily get around? Another very important thing for me was where the bathrooms were in relation to the reception... I know that's kind of weird. Also, take lots of pictures & notes... after a while all the different places blur into one another.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, definitely bring a camera and take pictures! No question is too nit picky and there's no limit on the number of questions you can ask. Getting a good vibe from the person at the venue is important, too. The lady from one place we looked at (which shall remain nameless) was really rude and that completely turned us off from using that place. The wedding planner we're working with at the Sirata has been amazing so far - she met with me on 3 different occassions for many hours, answered countless questions, is extremely patient and nice, etc. Those things are important. I'll email you the list I have!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pictures and notes are a must!  Things I always ask about and look for:Are tables and chairs provided?How many chairs can be comfortably set around a table (6,8, or 10)?Who sets up/takes down?Are linens available or do you need to get your own?Where are all available outlets located?Check the lighting (physically flip the switches to see what works, what doesn't and know where it all is).Check the restrooms (Are there enough stalls and is one big enough for you and your dress?).Is the location handicap accessible?What time will you have access to facility for vendor setup?Are candles allowed?Do they have vendor recommendations?How much time do you have the location for (Is it enough for setup, ceremony/reception, cleanup)?If there is anything in the room that you want to move or cover up can you do that?Try to do a drawing of the room layout you desire so that when you are sitting at home trying to figure everything out you will have the photos and layout drawing to help.Good luck and have fun with it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards