Florida-West Coast
Options

Florist Recommendations

I am in need of some florist recommendations! I've already meet with 2 florists but I am not 100% happy with either one and am interested in seeing who you all are using. I thought I would have this decided by now but the florist is turning out to be the most difficult vendor to nail down!
Anniversary

Re: Florist Recommendations

• Options
    corstinkcorstink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who have you already met with? I'm using FishHawk. I think Stephanie is great and she listens to your needs/wants. Dana Dineen is very highly recommended by a lot of girls here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for rec! I was thinking about contacting FishHawk next. I've already met with Dana Dineen and Scott with Apple Blossoms.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been very pleased with Stephanie from Fish Hawk.  I highly recommend using her!
    Erin and Kyle ~~~ November 7, 2009
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Dana. I love her work! What weren't you happy with? She can be somewhat "flustered" but she comes highly recommended from my wedding planner and she said that she has NEVER been disappointed in the end result!
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I was very happy with her work and had actually decided to go with her despite my reservations about her organization and punctuality (she was 30 minutes late to my appointment with her). But she has not sent me the contract, it's been over a month since I first asked for it! I asked again and she said she was busy and would send it soon, but I still haven't received it. So, now all my doubts about her are back and I am thinking that maybe I should start looking at some other florists. I really would like to get this decided, with a signed contract and deposit in place!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ag.4.24.10ag.4.24.10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Pam with Thai-Rific Orchids. She is very nice and helpful! And I think I am getting a pretty good deal since Orchids are expensive. http://www.thairificorchids.com/
  • Options
    mnmccloudmnmccloud member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using A Rose Garden in Seminole- Heather is AMAZING and knows her stuff!! Pam at Thai-Rific is awesome as well- almost went with her- but we liked Heathers vision a bit more!! HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Scott with Apple Blossom in Tampa is great!!
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Elegant Designs by Yelena. She's been great to work with!
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would definitely annoy me! I would maybe email her and let her know that you need the contract. If she doesn't come through right away, I'd consider moving on to the next. I have a Wedding Planner, so she works out all the issues. Also, Dana had given me the contract when we were there so it was a matter of signing it and sending it back. Hope that things work out soon for you!
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Options
    honey2491honey2491 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I dont post much, but I too struggled with booking my florist. I met with several-I loved Grymes-Cannon but they came in much too pricey (almost 3 times my budget!) I also met with Irene from For Better For Less and was happy with her quote but didn't love her personality and told me what I wanted was unrealistic. I met with Stephanie from Fishhawk who came in with the lowest price and was very sweet but I was still not comfortable that any of these 3 were seeing my vision and would provide exactly what I wanted. I finally met with John from KaBloom (2 locations-Hyde Park & St. Pete). I absolutely loved him and he definitely knew his flowers and what was attainable. He even did a trial run of all 3 versions of my centerpieces and specially ordered the flowers for my bouquet so that I could see them in person. For the trial run he also ordered samples of my linens and set tables up at the Vinoy so I could see everything together. His price was slightly higher than Fishhawk but less than everyone else and I know I will be thrilled with my flowers, come this Saturday. Sorry to ramble for so long, but I really think he is great!!
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honey I look forward to your reviews and photos!  I love that venue and almost went with John also.My florist is Lou from The Arrangement Florist in Tampa.  So far I am soo thrilled with him!  I just felt so happy when I left his shop, I paid in full that day and he gave me a lot of perks for it.  He also did small centerpieces for my bachelorette dinner party (unknowing by me) but they were the very first thing I noticed when I sat down and they were gorgeous:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with stephanie from Fishhawk on Friday and was very pleased. she's really nice and a good listener so it may be worth it to contact her. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards