Florida-West Coast
Options

HELP VENUES

Hello Ladies I am starting to get overwhelmed, I can't seem to  find a venue I need some ideas for venues in St.Petersburg, close to downtown that you might recommend.Thank you

Re: HELP VENUES

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    tracynmariatracynmaria member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have contacted them 3 times, emailed , left voice mails and no return phone call. So i am still waiting to hear from them. I want to get an idea for how much it costs and what they require? bring your own caterer or a list they have? Thank you for your help
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's strange that they haven't responded to you, I would try to visit in person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I think I going to try to go there because I really like the picture.thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know for sure I've seen the pricing somewhere online for this place... I want to say it's pretty pricey though...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just checked there website, they must have changed it up. I swear they listed pricing before!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have looked all over for pricing for them but no luck thanks though
  • Options
    surfbetty530surfbetty530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception in the Garden Room overlooking Sunken Gardens. It's on 4th Street, 2 minutes from downtown. They are very easy to work with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MrsMEWMrsMEW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception at the Mahaffey Theater and it was gorgeous. We also looked into Sunken Gardens, the Mirror Lake Lyceum, the Columbia Restaurant at the Pier, and Orange Blossom Catering, all in/around downtown St. Pete. Good luck!
    Ellie ~ 3.29.12
    Wedding | Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just called hilton and spoke  them and they seem  every reasonable for their price and what they are offering. I finally got ahold of the owner of Nova 535 and he said he was going to call me back and never did...GRR.tobemew...if you dont mind me asking about how much was the mahafey?I went by there and it looks amazing.THanks everyone for your help...i will continue to email and call the venues.
  • Options
    MrsMEWMrsMEW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should preface this by saying that these prices are from my wedding two years ago, so things may have changed since then. But, when we got married in '07, the Mahaffey charged $1,500 to rent the Grand Ballroom for 4 hours, plus some setup/custodial fees. We also paid an extra $350 to rent the Upper Atrium for our cocktail hour (which gave us a total of 5 hours of time there). You can bring in your own caterer but have to use their beverage services - in our experience, they were very willing to work with us to create a bar package that fit our budget (we did beer, wine, and a signature drink). And the views can't be beat! Good luck in your search, in my opinion finding a venue was the most difficult part!
    Ellie ~ 3.29.12
    Wedding | Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you for that help... yeah venue is very hard and I am getting so tired of calling and either not getting a phone call back or places being booked already. I finally spoke to nova 535 and he was not very nice. He finally called me back, while talking to him he put me on hold and then he never gave me any prices  he said he would email them to me and still nothing. So I am going to go see the Hilton downtown i am excited. I called the Mahafey but they dont book for 2011 only a year in advance. Which is a bummer. But thank you very much for all of your help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Vinoy is outstanding, I'm totally heartbroken that it was just not in our budget :(I've also heard great thigns baout the Mirror Lake Lyceum.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Downtown Hilton, I think Kimberly is the contact there, she was super nice and helpful. My FI and I were going to have our wedding there and use the Tangerine room for the reception (our colors are hot pink and tangerine orange). However, we just weren't happy with the options for the ceremony there. So we chose the Hilton in northern St. Pete, Carillon Park so we could have an outdoor ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards