Florida-West Coast
Options

To invite my boss or not.

My wedding is Florida.My two bosses are in California.They are both super cool and I would love them to be at my wedding.  I also think it is respectful to invite them.I don't see them that often and we are definitely just have a working relationship.Should I invite them to the wedding?

Re: To invite my boss or not.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I say yes... one of my bosses lives in Miami (i know, not quite as far as CA!) but him and his wife came!
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are both super cool and I would love them to be at my wedding. I also think it is respectful to invite them.Since you like them yes!
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh - I'm struggling with the same thing. I like my boss and all, but we aren't super close. And one of my friend's also works there and is in the bridal party and we aren't supposed to be friends with people we work with! I say do it if you really like them.
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You "aren't supposed to be friends with people you work with"???  how strange...... what company says that??  I mean I have heard the no inter-office romance thing, but for them to say you can't be firends with someone... how does that work??
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same thing!My company is like one big family... I'm the estranged daughter all the way out on Florida, but everyone at our parent office in San Francisco are all buds.  Who says y'all can't be friends?  What do you do?
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would invite the bosses. I work for a vet practice and I invited the 3 doctors and our office manager. A lot of my co-workers wanted an invite but I had to tactfully tell them we were limited in guests and I was sorry that we couldn't have more people. Some of the girls I work with are coming to the church though and then going to eat as a group themselves.
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work in the finance office for BayCare Health System. It's my Manager's rule that she does not want anyone being "friends" outside of work. Especially because I am a Supervisor. I really hate it, and many of us don't abide by it. Being casual friends outside of work may slide, but since my friend is a BM I'm pretty sure there'd be some issues after the fact.
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards