Florida-West Coast

cardbox-need opinions!

I already posted my cardbox a few days ago but I fixed some things and I need your opinions because I had a couple issues and borrowed a friends birdcage so I have both.  I need brutal honesty.  Is it OK?  Kindergarten looking?  Should I just stick to tradition and use the bridcage?  Are there any changes I could do to it? and also should I tie the spool of yellow ribbon on top into a bow or would that look out of place?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: cardbox-need opinions!

• edited December 2011
    I wouldn't add yellow ribbon at the top...I feel like it needs something though. Maybe a picture of you two there, or a little sign with a cute cardbox saying?
  • edited December 2011
    Brutal Honesty....I don't like those types of card boxes period.... I feel like they just look silly :/
  • Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No yellow ribbon. But like pp said... it does need something. Is yellow one of your colors? I think there is too much of the blue "doily" (sp?) things one it. maybe if you swap some of them out with thin (.5"-1") satin ribbon instead? I would definitely test it by placing it over top before you begin to tear it apart! ;)
  • sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...  I think they can be well done, but I do think this one looks silly.  Thank God my friend has a birdcage though because after this DIY is said and done I've spent almost 100.  So I couldn't bear to spend more.
  • sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol, it's been torn apart more than a few times in the last few days:)  My hands are up!!  Yellow is an accent color of ours.  We're doing the Tampa Bay Rays colors (mostly navy with underlying light blue, and then accents of yellow like their yellow starburst in their logo)
  • edited December 2011
    If you have access to a birdcage, I would go with that...and you can use the ribbons in your colors to personalize it. I give you crazy props for trying, though! :) I do not have the patience for DIY cardboxes...I bought mine from another knottie. :) I think I spent maybe $10 tops and it took me all of 30 minutes to drive and go get it!
  • edited December 2011
    im kinda with mrs. cph on this one...i used a wooden chest from michaels and decorated it...
  • sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I appreciate it:) by the way, anyone want to buy a homemade cardbox?  lol.  What the heck am I going to DO with this thing ? :/
  • edited December 2011
    Take it apart spray paint it all one color and use it for storage :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards