Florida-West Coast
Options

Invitation wording advice

What do you think?  He is what we are leaning towards for our invitation wordingLove is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8   The honour of your presenceis requested as we share in the joy ofBrideand Groom   When we will exchange marriage vows and ask God’s blessing on our union Saturday, the sixth of Marchtwo thousand and tenat two o’clock in the afternoon   Location City, Florida

Re: Invitation wording advice

• Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the Corinthians verse has some totally special meaning to you - like you and FI went to someone else's wedding two years ago and kissed for the first time as this was read in the ceremony - then certainly you should put it at the top of your invitations. If the Corinthians verse does not have some totally special and personal meaning for you and FI, then don't put it on the invitation and think twice before you put it in your wedding ceremony. The rest of us understand that it's beautiful but we are tired of hearing it in every single ceremony. And as we pull into the parking lot, DH and I bet each other whether or not it will be included in the ceremony - like in Wedding Crashers. About the actual invitation part of your invitation: You have a pronoun problem. WE in the first part of your invitation refers to the bride's parents. WE in the second part of your invitation refers to the bride and groom. If you and FI are hosting, then the first part of your invitation could be worded like this: The honour or your presence is requested to share in our joy, Julia Jane Jones and Robert John Smith, when we will exchange................... And I would suggest "two thousand ten" or "twenty ten." Ten years ago, we didn't say "nineteen thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine." We said "nineteen ninety-nine." And I would suggest that you get married at 2:30, so that the hands of the clock are going UP - that's good luck. You would word that as "half after two" - not "half past two."
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that was good advice... well said :)
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew it looked funny but I was so tired last night that I couldn't figure out why.  We actually eliminated the bible verse (yes it does have special meaning for us as it encompasses everything we have been through the past 7 years) because it wouldn't fit on the invite.  Here is our revised wording.  Please look it over and let me know if I missed anything else.  We ordered the paper today so we will be finalizing everything next week.  TIA! The honour of your presence is requested as we share in the joy of Bride Nameand Groom NameWhen they will exchange vows marriage vowsand ask God's blessing on their unionSaturday, the sixth of March two thousand tenat two o'clock in the afternoonChapel NameCity, FloridaReception Immediately FollowingBTW, if it is considered good luck to be married on the half hour wouldn't it make more sense to be pronounced husband and wife on the half hour so your start your new life on the upswing?  Regardless, we are starting at 2 pm.
  • Options
    Golfer'sLadyGolfer'sLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks fine, I'd just bump the year to it's own line after the daySaturday, the sixth of Marchtwo thousand and ten"And" in the year is also optional, it can read two thousand ten.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards