Florida-West Coast
Options

Ceremony help!

So I have slowly begun to freak out over budget issues, like really freak out. Our ceremony is on the beach and our guest like is about 110. We wanted to rent chairs so that everyone can sit, but more and more people are telling me to rent like 50 for the elderly, and the rest can stand, but I just dont know if that is ok to do. any advice? Would you feel weird if you came to a beach wedding expecting a seat to find only enough for some people? Thoughts? TIA!

Re: Ceremony help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I would feel weird.  I would rent chairs for all your guests. Imagine if an elderly person came late, would you kick someone out of their chair to give to the elderly?   I think it would be people in an awkward position.
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I find it weird, but I've seen it done. The last beach wedding I went to, they had the guests gather in a circle & join hands. The B&G stood in the middle. It was kind of nice, but there were maybe 50 guests at the ceremony. I would try to get chairs for everyone.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a beach wedding yesterday and we all stood, but there were only 35 guests so it wasn't bad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    depending on when you send the invites out that 110 number could drop to more like 70-80.  The less people, the less chairs, I think if you give the chair rental place a prelim # close in range to the amount of guests you are having you can up it or reduce it without penalties, as long as you give them a 2 week window for adjustments, but check the contract before you rent them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would be a little weird yes but on the other hand the ceremony goes by so fast I wouldn't stress about it too much. Do what you can afford and don't worry about the rest or what people will think...after all it's your day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With that many guests in attendance I would definitely get chairs for all.  If you absolutely can't afford that many then get 50 and then set up some nice blankets that younger guests could lounge on so that they won't be standing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew someone who had a beach wedding and they provided beach blankets for guests instead of chairs. I think they had maybe 50 peope there tops though.
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be awkward to only get 50 chairs. If you have a lot of guests, if the younger crowd gets their first they may not know that the limited number of chairs were intended for the elderly.
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Options
    cregistecregiste member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies..I agree with all of you..must get enough chairs for everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards