Florida-West Coast
Options

Jon's Bridal, Busch Blvd. Info

Can you guys give me the low down on your experiences, etc with this store. I was referred here by my tailor...and heard great things! Advice please. Anyone been to that new store on Dale Mabry in the new Target shopping Center.....don't know the name!! Thank You, Michelle

Re: Jon's Bridal, Busch Blvd. Info

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Please do NOT go to Jon's Bridal.They are know to post on the boards posing as "brides" to try and get more business. .Not to mention, they are shady, rip out tags from the dresses and refuse to tell you the designer until you purchase the dress.... I could go on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Jon's Bridal! The lady that helped me was very nice and spent two hours with me. I am so in love with my dress! If you are looking for a place that you can buy and take your dress home that day then Jon's Bridal would be a good choice to look at. I just didn't want to order a dress and wait four months for it. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress there and have had no major issues.  My consultant was amazing and very helpful, and all the ladies I intereacted with there were very nice.  I haven't looked at my dress to see if they "ripped the tags out", but the designer was never important to me.  I got a lot of dress for the price, too!You should really go there and see for yourself... you'll hear a mix of different opinions on this board.  Some girls got their dresses there and had a good experience, while others really dislike them either from experience or just from the fact that they have previously posted on this board as a "bride".Hope this helps!  Good luck!  :)
  • Options
    Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are on a serious budget, don't care about the designer and do not mind rude service, then go to Jon's.  I do not have a personal experience with them but the negatives out weigh the positives on the board. If you are on a budget, and would like better service...I would look into bridal shops that sell Mori Lee Dresses. They have many beautiful gowns and I believe the prices are all around $600-$700.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the shop by the new Target- where whole foods, DSW, adn petsmart are by 275 is Alfred AngeloI actually got my first wedding dress there off the rack.It was an ok experience. I think it was the first sale my consultant had.I have since found another at CC's that I ordered. I loved my experience at CC's I don't know anything about Jon's bridal except of what people have posted on here. It seems alot of people don't have good things to say about them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Alfred Angelo store & had great service and everyone was very helpful there. They also had great sales going on when I went. I ended up buying my dress at Jon's but only after telling the saleswomen that she was wasting my time - she kept brining me dresses that were exactly what I didnt want; I made it very clear from the beginning what I wanted. After that it was fine, but she did put a lot of pressure on me (the dress wont be here if you leave, this is a one time deal, blah blah blah)
  • Options
    corstinkcorstink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Alfred Angelo and had a good experience. I didn't buy my dress there but only because I wasn't in love with  any of them once I actually got to try them on.I didn't like CC's at all and I guess I'm the only one lol.
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jon's is horrible, IMO. In so many words, the sales person said they didn't have anything in my size (I'm a street size 10-12) that I would like. She was pushy and very rude. Also, I want to know the designer of my dress and they don't tell you until after you've purchased it. Come on, who ever heard of ripping out the tags. I felt like I was looking at used dresses. I know some people have had good experiences, but like PP said, the negatives on this board far outway the positives. Also, I think it's very tacky for a bridal shop to pose as various brides just to drum up more business.
  • Options
    bryandmitchbryandmitch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the opinions...I think I will go, just because I need to find out for myself....that whole ripping the tags out thing is super wierd....what the hell is that all about anyway?? I think I'm gonna have to go everywhere. What about Brides by Demetrios? Any opinions on them??? I've waited way too long...so I might be forced to get something right off the shelf, which is my own fault.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i didnt like brides by demetrios AT ALL... but that was only because they didnt have a single gown in the style i wanted (mermaid) - i kept telling her what i wanted & she didnt pull a single gown that was the style i wanted. honestly, i would just hit all of the stores until you find the right dress for you...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I liked demetrios! Good section and they were super patient with me and my wanting to try on EVERY dress in the store LOLIf you want off the rack go to CC's in St. Pete, they have off the rack in their less expensive section Fourth Avenue Bridal
  • Options
    shoff2010shoff2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everyone has their own experiences, mine was good :) After going to stores like Alfred Angelo where the dresses are mass produced I was stoked to go to Jon's. I could tell a definite distinction in the quality between the dresses at stores like Alfred Angelo and David's bridal compared to Jon's. The dress I ended up getting was not from their normal selection of "off the rack" dresses. My dress was from a collection that had not yet gone into production and had to be ordered. From the start I knew who the designer of my dress was and I was measured for it to be ordered. I am in love with my dress and although it was about $500 more than the $500 dress I liked at Alfred Angelo, the quality put into it was so worth it! HTH!And on a side note, I will say that my saleswoman did start to get a little pushy towards the end of my appointment, but in her defense I did stay over 3 hours and part of this was after they had even closed.  :) If you want to see pictures of my dress I can email them, I just don't want to put them on here in case FI sees them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [url]http://www.sarasotabrides.com/[/url]These people also carry off the rack! I didn't try on gowns here but I did call them and talk to them regarding a dress I saw at Jon's that I liked (I refused to buy my dress at Jon's because they would accommodate me!)I spoke with the owner and she was extremely nice, she googled the dress I wanted to see an image so she knew if she had it. She didnt but went above and beyond by calling her supplier to find out if she could get it! I decided not to get that dress or I would have bought it from them!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On CC"s website they claim to only have dresses for 1500 and over. Is this true? If that's the case, I might as well not go there, and just go to Fourth Street. I'm looking to spend no more than 1100 after tax.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NEvermind...I talked to someone at Fourth Avenue and I'll mostly be going there to look instead of CC's. No use in looking at stuff I can't afford! Thanks for all the tips!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CC's and Fourth Avenue are the same place :) You actually walk into CC's for your appointment then go right next door Fourth Ave :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL...yeah...they told me that. That's actually really awesome. EEEAAAKKK...I'm nervie....this is my firsty try on!!! I'm pretty particular and hard on myself, so I hope this goes well, and I'm going to try and have a positive attitude!!! Wish me luck everyone, and thanks so much again for the advice...it was awesome!!!
  • Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Alfred Angelo and had a good experience so far.  The girl who helped me the first time (Natalie) was wonderful, and my dress came in a month or two before it was supposed to.   The dress was reasonably priced and also on sale.  I suggest going there.
  • Options
    corstinkcorstink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to take a drive north; Patricia's in Brooksville has a decent selection and the prices are all reasonable. I got my dress there and they were great. And you more than likely will see the owner there as I have seen her everytime I've gone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, there is Cheri Bloom in New Port Richey, they carry a huge selection, all the girls are amazing..and they have Mori Lee, which like Chelsea said is a less expensive dress...which I LOVE!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I third Mori Lee dresses.... that is what I'm wearing.  LOVE my dress.... it should be in sometime this month... I'm waiting.i got my dress at Elaine's Bridal Boutique and had a great experience.  I would also second going to Monica at CC's.  Seriously trying on dresses at CC's is what dress shopping is all about... too bad the dress I fell in love with was too much money!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards