Florida-West Coast
Options

Good photographers

Anyone have any suggestions for good photographers? I have been looking for one for the past month or so and it's so confusing and stressful because photography is one of the most important things to me. I really like Jason Angelini's work and I know he is highly recommended by everyone, but he seems really expensive. I mean I know he works hard and is an excellent photographer but I'm just afraid that we're going to spend $2000 on his services and an album and then another $2000 on prints. Also, how does "interviewing" them work?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Good photographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jason is less that $2000 with a cd I believe.  You don't have to buy the album from him.  You can take the prints to shutterfly or something and make a book like that.  I am using Dawn Haas for wedding photography.  She is $1750 for full day coverage with 2 shooters and a cd of the images.  I interviewed Dawn Haas, Jason Angelini, and a Sarasota photographer.  Basically I just talked with them, heard what they had to say, etc.  I picked the photographer who I loved their work,  I felt most comfortable around, and who I just got the good vibe from.  Good Luck.
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Kimberly Dyer for our photography & are paying about $1800 for everything including her time, the album, about 10 enlargements, parent albums, a DVD of all the pictures... there seems to be so much more but I can't think of it off the top of my head (I'm at work & the contract is at home). Check her out, I really like her so far. Don't be afraid to customize their packages. I feel like I got more for my money that way.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really didn't do any interviewing.  I looked and looked and looked and found somebody I liked. Got a good reference from my SIL who had seen his work before.  Talked to him on the phone, met him and his assistant in person and booked him. For 8 hours of coverage, cd slide show, all pictures on a disc with rights and an album he is less than 2000.www.veckio-photography.com
  • Options
    stacybrideflstacybridefl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone heard anything about CCS Photography?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I am using Jason Angelini and I thought his prices were really reasonable actually. But I am not planning on purchasing an album or that many images. I am just going to buy the DVD of the high res. images for $500 and then I'll make my album and print most of my own images from that. So, it'll be $1195 + $500 for the DVD = $1695. But I have an excellent canon photo printer, as does my step-father who is a photographer, so that's way I'll be printing most my own images myself from the DVD.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Originally I thought he was reasonably priced but I know I'll be printing a lot of pictures and I want a professional album and that's when I was thinking that the cost might get out of hand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Clinton with Brentwood Photography. He is reasonably priced we got the highest package that includes the CD of images and and lots of prints and enlargements and also has two photographers which I love. My FI and picked our top three photgraphers that were in our price range and sat and meet with each of them and went with the one who had the best personality and who we got along with the best. We also asked for references and followed up on them to find out what they liked and disliked about the photographer. Oh yeah the other thing I liked is he did not put a time limit on the day he said tell me when to be there and we will stay till you leave.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    roxy~what is their website?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jason Mize Photography, he is different from all the other photographers I have seen and I really like him. We just had our engagement session with him and it was awesome. His website is www.jmizephotography.com
  • Options
    corstinkcorstink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Jason Angelini....I didn't interview people but I did alot of emails. The only other photographer I have worked with is Kellie Day. She did my best friends wedding and did a really nice job. I want to say she was around the same price or cheaper than Jason.
  • Options
    Roltide75Roltide75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This guy has really nice work.... he is not our photographer, but his wife works with me and I didn't even know he did work.Anyone used him?www.longboardphoto.org
  • Options
    ag.4.24.10ag.4.24.10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jessica Leigh out of Tampa but her travel fee is very reasonable and her prices are too.www.jleighphoto.com
  • Options
    WingofLoveWingofLove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What great post, i'm looking for a photographer myself, will check out all the links.
  • Options
    ag.4.24.10ag.4.24.10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And I meant Jessica Leigh out of Orlando...Sorry. LOL
  • Options
    bnlchic03bnlchic03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Jessica Leigh, too, and her prices were fantastic and I am so happy with my pictures! I didn't order an album from her, just took the CD and made my own, but she does albums as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my b-photos from Pure Emotions.  They also do great wedding photography.  You should check them out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Stephanie Smith.  Her website is www.stephanieasmith.com.  She has been amazing to work with so far and although her packages didn't include an album, hers were the cheapest of the 4 photogs we interviewed.  All of her packages are under $2000.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Carla Stheman-Kasera at www.stehmanphotography.com. 727-460-5224. She's in Tampa, but travels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards