Florida-West Coast
Options

Caterer etc. for Longboat Key/Sarasota

Anyone else planning a wedding in the Longboat Key/Sarasota area?  Right now I'm looking for a caterer, but will need other referrals too... rentals, hair, flowers. Just wanted to check & see if there were other LBK/Sarasota brides (West Coast Florida is a big place!)THANKS!

Re: Caterer etc. for Longboat Key/Sarasota

• Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Hilton Longboat Key & would be glad to help you in whatever way I can.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    TX2NCTX2NC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that would be great!  I'm getting married right next door at the Westchester Condos.  When is your wedding?  I've heard of Harry's Kitchen but don't know  of any other caterers.  Thanks!
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married Feb. 20th.  We didn't need to get a caterer at the Hilton.  Moonstone lives in Sarasota & has been very helpful to me for local information.  Try asking her.  I live in Massachusetts, so I have limited knowledge of the area.  I can highly recommend all my other vendors to you though.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    navybride02navybride02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Cà d'Zan Mansion in Sarasota and am from the area originally. I'm using Jim and Melissa Palermo of Oasis Restaurant, their food is absolutely amazing. I have just about all my vendors lined up already so let me know if you need any more suggestions!
  • Options
    navybride02navybride02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hm I don't know why my typing turned out all wonky but that was supposed to say Ca d'Zan
  • Options
    MrsCanes511MrsCanes511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Longboat Key as well. However I have done the flowers myself, and we dont need a caterer as it is at a restuarant. Sry! But anything else....I may be able to help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey TX2NC.  Welcome.I'm getting married in Sarasota at Selby Gardens!!!  My favorite vendor so far is Milan Catering.  Chef Roberta makes the most amazing and creative food.  And she is very reasonably priced.  RUN DON'T WALK HERE!!!!http://www.milancatering.com/She makes custom menus for you and your guests that are so unique.Please, check her out.  (I had a contract with another popular Sarasota caterer and canceled the contract and lost $300 to switch to Milan... wish I would have known about them earlier)Good Luck.
  • Options
    L8yGatorL8yGator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Getting married in Sarasota at Phillippi Estate Park. We are going with a caterer from St. Pete. He is SO wonderful and the owner/ chef. He can do any price range and the food is AMAZING. It is Chive's Innovative Caterering http://web.mac.com/chivescatering/Chives_Catering_Website/Welcome.html He was cheaper than all the Sarasota caterer's we checked out and we are getting much more for the money. He is also including all of our rentals in the price: chairs, linen's, all the plates, glasses, etc. He is also providing us with a bar tender and no cost for cutting and serving the cake (we are getting our cake from another vendor too.) Hope this helps. Kim
  • Options
    mego36mego36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Lido Beach Resort in October. I live in NY, but have booked most of my vendors. Let me know if you need any info
    TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is also in Sarasota but I am using Catering by Design which is out of Tampa. Lauren has been great to work with! I also did a tasting with Simply Gourmet which was very good so it was a difficult choice. Their chef was very personable and the prices were good. HTH!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards