Florida-West Coast
Options

I had hoped it wouldnt come to this....

Wedding planning was going very smoothly with everything just falling into place. I went shopping for my wedding gown and tried Davids Bridal at Clearwater Mall. My Consultant, Donna, was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE. She didn't listen to a word I said about what i liked and didnt like, and refused to let me see a dress because it wasnt in my size, and told me I looked ugly in one dress i was seriously considering! After two hours of aggrivation I left in tears. A week later I went back through some coaxing of my maid of honor and complained to the manager about her. I was put with a different consultant and ended up finding a dress I loved. I went back again to look for brides maids dresses and found some I loved. We decided on them and the color and things were great. Then I get a phone call a few days later telling me that my dresses and color was being discontinued... I hurry all my brides maids in to get thier dresses and then the consultants tell them the had to buy the shoes that I was up in the air on, after I had decided to go with somthing else. Now they are stuck with the shoes because you cant return them even though they wernet suposed to buy them in the first place. Talk about a sleezy sales tactic. Then I find out that Donna has been complaining about me to all my brides maids! She has been trying to take them away from the consultant that I liked. She also nabbed one of my bridesmaids for her wedding gown. After five hours of fuitile searching, she left in tears as well. Im only half way through dealing with them, i can hardley wait to see what else they will ruin. They dont even have a customer service number to complain to! So brides.... if your looking for a wedding dress or anything else and even thining about Davids..... STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!! DO NOT USE DAVIDS BRIDAL!!!!!

Re: I had hoped it wouldnt come to this....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for this.I used David's Bridal for BM dresses and the CS was horrible.  When we walked in they said they didn't have time for us and to look for our own dresses.  FINE.I bought my wedding dress at Elaine's in Sarasota and had a great experience... but nothing tops the CS at CC's by Monica.  That was how dress shopping should be!(on an unrelated side note... when you type long posts like this, adding in paragraphs helps for us to read!  thanks)
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That stinks that you had such a horrible experience. Hopefully, things will only get better from here on out. I didn't order anything from DB b/c of the horror stories that I heard. I'm sure everything will turn out great.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your experience! I got my bridal gown at CC's with Natalie, she was phenomenal, SO nice and helpful and my mom and I had a great time there! For bridesmaids dresses, we are going through Emelina's/Alterations and Creations (would have gone through CC's, but not many places locally carry the bridesmaid gown we decided on) and have had a good experience there too so far.
  • Options
    MrsCanes511MrsCanes511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely understand! I also had a nightmare first time dress shopping experience at Davids, but it was the location in Tampa.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I got my dress from David's in Tampa. I thought the ladies were  nice. My consultant April wasn't great but she was ok. I went around 7pm and it was me and another bride :). GL in the future!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Interesting, my experience at David's Bridal wasn't so great either, only I went to the one in West Palm Beach, which is where I live. I was basically told they didn't have time and they just left me to myself, so I just picked some dresses off the rack and tried them on myself. I still havn't selected my dress, but the one I like the most of all the one's I tried on is at Davd's Bridal, so I'll probably end up getting it there. But at least I know what to expect now.
  • Options
    surfbetty530surfbetty530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Donna is horrible! She helped me also... I ended up getting my dress from there but she basically called my BMs fat. I don't know why they don't fire her. There is an older lady there that was SO helpful though (wish I could remember her name)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bryandmitchbryandmitch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awful. Here is a quote that I have had to adopt into my life. "He who angers you, controls you". So try to let it go, and move forward. I had Monica at CC's as well Moonstone...and I agree that she could not have been better. That is her calling in life!!!!!
  • Options
    bnlchic03bnlchic03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The DB at Clearwater Mall is awful. Long story short, both my MOH and I had problems during our weddings when we went there. I wouldn't even have gone, but I saw a dress I LOVED in a magazine, and it was a DB. My consultant was actually really awesome, but she doesn't work there anymore. The manager is horrendous and deserves to be fired. There is a lady there whose name is something weird...Kat or Mac or Cookie or something, LOL, and she is super nice.Anyway, if you want to complain they do have a number, but it's impossible to find. I have it though, but this is from May!David's Bridal 1001 Washington St, Conshohocken, PA (610) 834-1500 Business management servicesYou can also try 1-866-823-2403, 1-800-823-2403, or customerservice@dbi.com, but I think that direct line above might be the best way to go. GL! I hope you get through! I ended up not calling because my issue was worked out (thanks to me, not to them), but I was pissed when it was happening and gathered a ton of info.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww!  I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a horrendous experience.  I actually had never set foot in DB until last weekend when we were looking for a MOG dress.  She found something nice but I really wasn't impressed overall with the selection or service.  As a matter of fact, we went to the mall afterwards and saw one of the exact dresses she had tried on for at least $50 less and that was because DB was having a "sale".  Otherwise the dress in the mall would've been half of what the price was at DB.  I didn't have a consultant help me at all (I was told at checkout that I looked like I knew what I was doing..HA) but I'm glad I didn't because the 3 brides around me were being mistreated.  I was able to talk to one and I hope she was able to find what she was looking for with a better price and tons better service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards