Florida-West Coast
Options

Party in Bridal Suite??

Has anyone ever heard of inviting a small group of special women into the Bridal Suite before the wedding to have like hors devours and champagne and stuff? My bridal party and I will be in there getting hair and makeup, along with the moms, but there are several important women in my life I would like to have around as well. Has anyone done this, or heard of this before? Lol...did I make this up in my head? The wedding is at Rusty, and we'll be getting ready across the street at the Westin, so it wouldnt be far! Also...any Rusty brides out there, there is not a rehearsal allowed, right???

Re: Party in Bridal Suite??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my girls stay the night with me before the wedding and then everyone is getting ready at our hotel. I'll prob. invite my SIL the flowergirl, FMIL and FGMIL to join us the day of as well :) Thats all the special women coming to the wedding :) (well excpet for my friends whom happen to be girls)
  • Options
    bryandmitchbryandmitch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exactly are you inviting them? Telling them, or sending a little invite seperate from the wedding invite??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm just going to let them know they are welcome to get ready with me in my suite if they would like :) (I'll prob. just call them!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sort of did this. We all got ready in my hotel room and got our hair & makeup done there. I invited some special people up to visit that morning, but no one stayed longer than 20-30 mins. It was pretty hectic! It was nice to see everyone before things got really crazy at the weding though! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure, that sounds nice.  You could definitely do that if you'd like, but I kind of feel like it ruins the 'surprise' when everyone sees you walking down the aisle.  But depending on how close these ladies are to you, it might be nice to involve them while you're getting ready.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having snacks and mimosas while the BP and I get ready. I will probably invite my aunt to come hang out in the room with us, because I'm super close with her. I'm sure FMIL will be in there too.
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.....I think I will definitely do that..... Just have some wine and cheese maybe.....my ceremony isnt until 7......
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I will do this.Snacks, wine, and the ladies close to me including those in FI's family! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like that idea, I think I may steal it! lol
  • Options
    corstinkcorstink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a good idea. The rehearsal i'm not sure about. When i first signed the contract they discuseed the rehearsal but i don't know when they let you have it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hha ha, how funny. You are getting married just 4 days before me at the RP and getting ready in the Westin as well
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    longboatbridelongboatbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had champagne in my suite and invited my sisters and future SILs up there as well. My entire BP was under the drinking age. 5 to 14.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole...ha!! That is funny! See you went to FSU as well! GO NOLES!!!! :0)
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls are staying the night with me before the wedding and we're getting ready at the hotel (hair and make-up being done in suite). Our church allows me to get dressed there but everyone else has to come dressed so we're taking advantage of this. I'm going to have food and beverages (NA) in the room so we won't be starving by the time mass is over. I'm sure my mom will come to the room as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yur getting my hair and make up AND getting me wine and cheese?? ur the nicest bride EVER!!!  I love that idea though, I am definitly stealing it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really wanted to do something like this to include all my aunts and other important ladies, but i know that would be way too overwhelming for me and just stress me out even more!  i know im gonna wind up with 20 people in the suite with me anyway though!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gatorgirl....if you drink...you wont be stressed....your bridesmaids need to make you a little "relaxation" cocktail..........lol. TTNOLES.....being that you're a bridesmaid...you cant eat or drink before the wedding....lol......we're on starvation mode......it's for everyone else....lol....JK. Can't have any bloatie bridesmaids.......................... :0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards