Florida-West Coast

Venue Suggestions Please-Beach or Yacht

Hello all! I live near Washington, DC so I could really use your help finding unique beachy ceremony and reception venues near Tampa-St. Pete, Clearwater, etc. I'm planning a visit the first weekend in May and would like to set up some appointments in advance. I'm open to reasonably priced yachts, too-as long as they can comfortably hold about 75 people. Places already on my short list: Yacht Starship, Starlite Majesty, Calypso Queen, Bilmar, Tradewinds. Any and all suggestions appreciated!!!

Re: Venue Suggestions Please-Beach or Yacht

• chelseahaineschelseahaines member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello all! I live near Washington, DC so I could really use your help finding unique beachy ceremony and reception venues near Tampa-St. Pete, Clearwater, etc. I'm planning a visit the first weekend in May and would like to set up some appointments in advance. I'm open to reasonably priced yachts, too-as long as they can comfortably hold about 75 people. Places already on my short list: Yacht Starship, Starlite Majesty, Calypso Queen, Bilmar, Tradewinds. Any and all suggestions appreciated!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in March at the Don Cesar on St Pete Beach and it was absolutely AMAZING!  Here is a link to the photographers blog were you can see some shots of the hotel...ENJOY!!!

http://pureemotionsphotography.blogspot.com/
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure what your budget is, but Don Cesar is gorgeous. The Vinoy in downtown St. Pete is very pretty too. They are both well known and beautiful hotels with amazing views and details.

There is a cute resort outside Tampa called Little Harbor. (http://www.staylittleharbor.com/) They have a private beach and a couple restaurants and tiki bars. It is on the bay, I think the sun sets over the water. It's south of Tampa, so if budget is an issue it could be a good place to look.

I didn't look at a whole lot of places on the beach, so I can't be too much more help, I'm more a garden girl :) Good luck. I'm sure you will find something lovely. There are no shortages of nice hotels and beautiful beaches.
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Sandbar in Anna Maria Island, just south of St. Pete. I can give any info you want.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the BIlmar in about 2 months, I can send you a bunch of info and my opinions as well :)  Actually, I'm going to send you a PM.
    Photobucket
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Chelsea,

I live in Washington DC and I'm getting married at the Tradewinds.  I went to see the Don Cesar, Sheraton Sand Key, Marriott Sand Key, Sirata, and Honeymoon Island.  If you ever want to meet for coffee I'd be up for it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Chelsea!  Way to be another awesome WCF bride, and welcome to the board!

I did some recon in February at the Grand Plaza, Sirata, and Tradewinds.  I am actually going back in May too to do more planning (it was supposed to be a vacation, but now look what I did, ha ha)! 

Our budget is about $12k, and that's being generous.  I would have loved the Don Cesar, but that's a little beyond our limit when all is said and done.  Plus, we are pretty casual people, and it's not suited to our dressed-down event.  Julie's wedding there looks pretty awesome, though!

I went with Tradewinds because I think your dollar goes further there, and there's more for out-of-town guests.  The resort seemed more professionally operated and organized than the others as well.  Plus, Renee has over 10 years' experience helping brides plan weddings there, which is more experience than the other 2 combined.

Feel free to ask me or any of us more questions.  Good luck with your planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We actually just went today to look at the Starlite Majesty and booked it on the spot! It is gorgeous! It might be a good choice for you since you are out of town because so much is included. It would take care of the venue, food, bar, and music. The price CANNOT be beat. We are having 70ish people and with 10 dinner selections and an open bar it is costing around $5600 with tax and gratuity included! I have a bunch more info if you have any questions!

Oh, and don't bother with the Calypso Queen unless you are having a verrrry casual wedding. We went on it last weekend and it has a tropical theme and is tiny! Also, the food wasn't very good. GL!
  • chelseahaineschelseahaines member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys are awesome!!! Anyone come across a good place for used destination wedding dresses?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards