Florida-West Coast
Options

Cake...

So the one task we didn't complete on our marathon planning trip to Tampa was the cake. I can admit, it was my fault. I love cake. And the 2 we tried tasted like...cake. I couldn't tell the difference between chocolate cake and vanilla cake and that bothered me. Buttercream should be an enhancer, not the star of the show. (See... totally my fault. I'm a cake snob).

Anywho.... I'm sending my Mom on the mission of finding me cake since her taste is as discriminating as mine (didn't you know it's hereditary?). So please, recommend your favorite cakes in the Tampa area!

Thanks!

Re: Cake...

• Options
    gregsgirl421gregsgirl421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my cake place...I am using "let them eat cake".  Chef Michael is the owner...he wowed us with a TON of different choices and his passion for creating cake masterpieces...I would highly recommend him :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really have anythign to add to this except that your posts crack me up....seriously laughing at my desk!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let them eat cake is great.

I am using Matt and Dom they are located south of Tampa.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     we used Chocolate Pi- it was awesome. the flavors are wonderful.
    it tasted as good as it looked!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Who did you try? Chocolate Pi was the best tasting and looking cake hands down! Kim is a true artist and worth every penny. Coming in at a close second (taste wise) is L'artisan cake atelier. Neomi has the best prices for the quality in town. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Laurie with A Piece of Cake.  Her website is:

www.cakestampa.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Alessi's in South Tampa and the cake was sooooooooooo good I cannot wait for our 1 year anniversary to order another one (we used the raspberry filling with raspberry swirl cake for the wedding and carrot cake for the rehearsale). They've been around forever and were easy to work with.
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to second Chocolate Pi.  Hands down!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    NicoleB331NicoleB331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Laurie with A Piece of Cake. There was some confusion with the writing of the contract but it was fixed and I can't wait to see my wedding cake that I designed Laughing
    Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I second Let them Eat Cake.... they are sooo good
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Let Them Eat Cake and loved it, loved it, loved it!  Chef Michael was great and our cake was soooooo yummy!  I loved that you could cut your top layer and Chef Michael will give you a free cake for your 1 yr. anniversary.  Can't wait for that!
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok -- we have 3 more contenders. Woop Woop!

I'll let you know how the long distance cake tasting turns out!
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Olympia (they do just cakes as well as full catering) and their cake was to die for.  But I also know chocolate Pi does some amazing cakes as well
  • Options
    USFMicheleUSFMichele member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PUBLIX! :)
    .: Michele :.

"I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love." AND I FOUND IT!!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards