Florida-West Coast
Options

Pre Wedding Parties

How far in advance are you planning on having your bridal shower and bachelorette party? My MOH and I are trying to set some dates. We were thinking 5 weeks before for the shower and 2 weeks before for the bachelorette party... What do you ladies think? Are those dates too close together? Or too close to the wedding date?

TIA!
Brandi
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Planning Bio
Wedding Website
199image 155image 44image 0image
RSVP by September 22, 2010

Re: Pre Wedding Parties

• Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In all reality the MOH should get together with the bridal party and figure out dates. Although these parties are for you, as the bride you should not be involved. It will be a lot less stress on you in the end.
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The pp is correct - but it's really up to what fits into your schedule. There's no right or wrong here. (Although we agreed that bachelorette/bachelor parties had to be at least a week prior to the wedding just so we have time to recover!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP's as well.  It is all what works out with scheduled.  My bridal shower is at the end of July even though we are getting married in November...which feels very early.  It just worked out that way because my mom was going to be visiting me in MA that weekend and my FMIL and MOH decided to do it then.  But like PP said, with all the planning involved with wedding I would sit back and relax and let the MOH do her thing =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mego36mego36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that my shower is one of the first 2 weeks of August.  I know the bridal party wanted to that during the summer, but I'll be in FL the 12-26 so I think it'll be before that.  I think my bachelorette party will be sometime in September.
    TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sunnii24sunnii24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower is going to be at the end of August and my B party will be in October.  We are getting married Novemeber 13, 2010. 
    Happy Planning, ~Sunnii24~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no clue when any of my parties are, or if there are any planned! Well, I am sure they are (hence the registry stalking), the girls are just really good at keeping me surprised.  

I am really not that concerned over when and how far in advance, as long as the bachelor/ette parites are not the night before (with you there ufsweetiebear!).

Like the PP say, it will all work out.  Leave it up to the girls to plan it, it is one less thing you have to worry about...they will figure it out!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • Options
    kmcb15kmcb15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married Sept. 4th and both of my parties are July 17th. I have a number of friends coming in from out of town so the girls and I decided it would be better to make a day out of it. Plus with everyones shcedules and vacations it made it much easier to pick. Really its about what works best for you and those you REALLY want to be there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards