Florida-West Coast

It's too quiet... Roll Call!

Ok, I saw this on another board so I'm hijacking it....

As Usher sang.... This is my confession.....

1. What was the first thing you noticed about your FI?

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?!)

3. Any other random confessions you'd like to air?

Re: It's too quiet... Roll Call!

• ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What was the first thing you noticed about your FI? His dimples. I'm a sucker for dimples!

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?!) I'll be so stressed out that I won't enjoy it.

3. Any other random confessions you'd like to air? I have dress envy! So many beautiful dresses and only one chance to get it right!
  • edited December 2011
    1. What was the first thing you noticed about your FI? His Accent and smile! He's from South Africa and the accent is amazing ;)

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?!) That everything will not go smoothly. I'm sure it will, I just dont want any hiccups.

3. Any other random confessions you'd like to air? I have to agree with ufsweetiebear! I haven't gone dress shopping yet, but there are soo many styles I have marked and love in the magazines/online. I hope to find  the one that I love and don't have any regrets.
    Anniversary
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What was the first thing you noticed about your FI?  I didn't, haha!  He's one of those acquantances that became my friend that became my best friend that became my boyfriend.  So to be honest, I didn't notice him at all at first.

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?!)  Rain!  I will be soooo bummed.  I've always wanted to get married on the beach.

3. Any other random confessions you'd like to air? This is such a bad year for my family.  Dad has cancer (again) and brother is going through a vicious custody battle.  I feel like this wedding is holding me together.  I feel guilty for being swept up in the details and little things when there's so many bigger intense things going on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    He has a scar on his head...haha.  Seriously though it made me wonder where he got it and i thought it was kind of cool...plus he has the LONGEST eyelashes EVER!

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?!)
    That it will rain...we are having it at my parents house and we would have NOWHERE to put the guests indoors...it is a huge risk we are willing to take but it keeps me up at night.

I hate the idea of planning everything...i have been delegating tasks to everyone and wouldn't say i have enjoyed being a "bride'.  I have to plan events at work for a living so the idea of doing it on my time off, yuck!  That and I don't like to talk about the wedding.  I am really aware of being TOO focused on it and it makes more introverted about it...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Physically -his blue eyes and long lashes

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?!) Oh, I have two...one is that it will rain (getting married on the beach) and second that I will forget something!

Gosh this is a loaded question...I am a closeted control freak!  My BM's love me because they haven't had to do much except decide which dress they like.  
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • edited December 2011
    1. What was the first thing you noticed about your FI? His smile and how honest he was, even on our first date

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?!) I hope no one shows up who didn't rsvp, but I don't think we will have that problem.

3. Any other random confessions you'd like to air?  Sometimes I sit at my desk and write my new name over and over Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HappyMrsKHappyMrsK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    His blue eyes :)

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?)
    My greatest fear was that people would not enjoy themselves because we were not having a "big" wedding. We ended up with about 30 people total so it's was nice and intimate. But everyone had a great time and I got tons of compliments on everything which made me feel good.

I kind of miss wedding planning! I never thought I'd say that!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    1. What was the first thing you noticed about your FI?  he has 2 different color eyes!

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?!) that is would rain...I dreamed of a beach wedding and a beautiful sunset. it did not happen...We had amazing weather!!!

3. Any other random confessions you'd like to air?   I miss the wedding planning.
  • edited December 2011
    His tan skin (Puerto Rican parents) and BIG dimples

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?)
    Maybe that it will rain--ceremony is outside.  But even then, we could move it into the reception hall if we absolutely had to.

I had a dream recently that I did not participate in any of the planning as far as the decorations go--other than telling someone else what the colors were.  She did it all for me, and I just showed up on my wedding day and was amazed by the job she had done.  The dream was so real that I mentioned it on facebook and said it sounded like a great idea.  Someone posted right away that she would do it all for me if I just give her some basic information!  LOL  I do not like planning events, so I am delegating as much as possible.  It's a good thing I'm not anal about the details!  I seriously admire all you brides who are doing most of the work yourself!
    "You're the L and the V, I'm the O and the E...Am I speaking clearly?"
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    His eyes.  Very deepset.  But very open and caring.

I had no real fear about the wedding, but I will describe the biggest snafu so you can avoid it yourself. 

My dress had two sections - the top/jacket and the bottom/skirt, and it hung on ONE hanger that had two sections.  So it was hung, on the ONE hanger, on the back of my mother's hall closet door.  When I went to get the dress on the morning of the wedding, I went to the hall closet, reached up, got ONE hanger, and left. 

Then when I started to get dressed at the ceremony location, I discovered that my mother had removed the top jacket from the ONE hanger and hung it on a SECOND hanger IN FRONT OF the skirt part.  She did this because the dress shop hanger was short and the ends of the dress shop hanger were starting to poke up the shoulders of the top jacket strangely, so she found a much better, bigger hanger to hang this kind of top jacket.  But she didn't tell me.  So my MOH and my mom had to race back over to my mom's condo from the ceremony venue to get the bottom of my wedding dress.  

Obviously, you'll want to make sure you have all the parts to your wedding outfit before leaving for the ceremony venue.

I'm addicted to "High School Reunion" on TVLand and I'm actually interested in the new season of "Tori & Dean." 
  • lproutenlprouten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What was the first thing you noticed about your FI? How cute he looked in his Chef clothes .

2. What is your greatest fear about your wedding? (Married ladies -- did it come true?!) That it could rain, and that my divorced parents won't behave!!

I have't been looking very hard when it comes to finding a job!!
  • edited December 2011
    His big ol' dimples!  Love 'em!

That we won't make our minimum of 50 people!

LOL!!  I had a dream two nights ago that my cat was a bona fide pastry chef complete with tall paper hat and white coat, and that he was going to make my cake.  He was well recognized and came highly recommended.  I showed him the picture of The Knot cake I like most, and he said, "Yeah, I can do that for you!"  But the whole time I was tossing and turning in real life and thinking, "Oh, no!  This just isn't right.  Barney cannot make a cake.  It'll end up being chicken and liver flavor!"  Needless to say, he was staring at me about 2 inches from my face when I finally woke up.  We agreed there would be no cake to ever come between us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rachelc7487rachelc7487 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
         I couldn't stop smiling and laughing the whole night!

That I'll be focusing on the little details and want everything to be perfect...so I'll be stressed out!

I'm freaking out!!! I only have 25 days left and have to finish up my school semester work the week before!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards