Florida-West Coast

~ * ~ FIREWORKS ~ * ~

Ok question Ladies: 
I would like to have a Firework Display show! 

So what is your opinion:
1. Fireworks after the cermony which would be while we were walking down the isle at approx 7:30-7:45 pm?

2. Fireworks after the reception which would be almost midnite and I run the chance of disturbing guest in the hotel as well as some of my guest may already be gone?
On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ~ * ~ FIREWORKS ~ * ~

• bhardmanbhardman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi Julie,

I would think it would be next to impossible to try and get the timing right as you walk down the aisle.  It would end up being too early or too late most likely.  And midnight seems awfully late.  I'm sure the city has ordinances and regulations with that sort of thing.  You're getting married at the Don right?  Is the reception indoors or out?  I would have it at some point DURING the reception.  After dinner, maybe during dancing...have the DJ make an announcement to go outside and have your guests go outside for a few minutes.  It would be a nice break maybe between dinner and cake cutting and not too late before everyone leaves...?

Just my 2 cents! :)

Happy New Year!

• edited December 2011
    I think people might not notice it as much if you do it during hte ceremony (because they'll all be looking at you guys!).  But probably sometime during the reception is best.  You should def talk to someone at the Don though.  We had our reception outside right near the beach and I know there's city restrictions as to when lights and music needs to be turned off outside, so I would think the same would apply to fireworks and you can only do it at certain times. 
  • edited December 2011
    I was hoping to have it right when the ceremony ends and we walk back down the isle towards the beach because all of our guest will be turned around facing us as well.  We are doing our ceremony on the Courtyard stairs.  They last 7 minutes so I figured maybe I could have someone on the phone with the pyro guy and say ok their done start the show!
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    We are trying!!!  It's worth it believe me have been through a lot and we deserve our day.  When we first married eachother we were very young and silly and as long as we had a big party it was grand!  But this time it's all about the LOVE and just the day.  It's been 10 years:)  I think I deserve it...HAHAHA

Babe if you ever get on a read this...you deserve it TOO!!
  • jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good!  Of course you deserve it! :) 
    Have you spoke to the fireworks people?  Would they be able to coordinate it w/ a phone call?  If so, I think that would be great & ppl would definitely notice.  It would be really cool if you could coordinate it w/ when they say you may kiss the bride... but that's probably asking too much.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards