Florida-West Coast

Saving-The-Date... IDEA

My Fiance had this AWESOME idea.. We are getting married at The Don CeSar in November and wanted to get the wedding guests excited about coming to the wedding.. So he said we should do a Save the Date VIDEO!!!! It came out AMAZING... We met up with Bryan & Tracey of Tampa Wonderworks, who worked with us over the course of three days to get all these amazing shots!!!  Truly AMAZING WORK!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! And I know you will too!!!

I am super excited to show this to EVERYONE!!! Enjoy!!!
Click here.... Save the Date Video

Susie 
255 days till the BIG DAY!!!
~love...is not about the person you can live with... but the one you can't live without~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Saving-The-Date... IDEA

• edited December 2011
    WOW...Bryan and Tracy are amazing!!! I am doing our TTD session with them:)  Love the video great idea:)  I am also getting married at the DON...great minds think alike...lol
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    OK, seriously...I have a sneaking suspicion about this post.  This is her first post and it is about Brian at Wonderworks.  This is very similar to a post a few weeks ago from another out of town bride that used him and her first post was almost exactly the same.

It's funny that is always just so happens to be the out of town brides that he uses their info to post on a local board.  I'm on to you Brian! Tongue out
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011

Bryan is AMAZING regardless...BRYAN I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    There's no doubt his work is great.  Everyone can see that.  My issue is that he is deceptive and fraudulent in the fact that he misrepresents himself as an actual bride that paid him good money and pretends to be them!  He should be conifdent in his work and rely on ACTUAL testimonies from his clients rather than making them up himself.  I'm sure most of his clients wouldn't even mind referring him if he would simply ask them.  How would you feel if a vendor you worked with regardless of whether or not you were pleased with their work went on to a website and posed as you?  Just sayin...
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

• edited December 2011

I am so sorry that this issue has really caused you to be so RUDE...I was not rude in any way and how could you be so sure tha this is really Bryan?  I did not mean to upset you in any way so if you were offended by me saying that he is AMAZING...my apologizes.

I really do not think that this is him posting because he is so booked that he really would have no need to but that is my opinion.  Like everyone here on the knot is open to their opinions I was just stating my opinion as well.  And I think that it was wrong to say that he was a fraud and soon on and so fourth when you really do not know if that is him or not. 

Carolyn...my apologizes on this post but I really think thaat you have handled post differently when you suspect that it is a vendor post.  And I feel that this post could have been handled differently opposed to calling names. 

• edited December 2011
    Susann1502 - welcome to the boards.  I know this is your first post, so please start a new thread introducing yourself to all of us.  We sometimes get suspicious about vendor postings when new brides make their first post a rave (or a grip) about a certain vendor.  We really are friendly, just very protective of our board and reputable vendors.  We would love to know about the details of your wedding, which vendors you are using, etc.

As far as vendor postings are concerned, they are against the rules, and are not tolerated.  I'm not going to play detective here, but any posts found to be vendors will be removed from the boards.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sure they do great work, but it does seem suspicious that all of these posts are about the same vendor and the person doing the posting only has one or two posts. It justs seems a bit odd to me.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_saving-date-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:ab277788-812a-47db-be71-71aeee624a32Post:80498c4f-8049-4339-ae23-4abe062187c3">Re: Saving-The-Date... IDEA</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so sorry that this issue has really caused you to be so RUDE...I was not rude in any way and how could you be so sure tha this is really Bryan?  I did not mean to upset you in any way so if you were offended by me saying that he is AMAZING...my apologizes. I really do not think that this is him posting because he is so booked that he really would have no need to but that is my opinion.  Like everyone here on the knot is open to their opinions I was just stating my opinion as well.  And I think that it was wrong to say that he was a fraud and soon on and so fourth when you really do not know if that is him or not.  Carolyn...my apologizes on this post but I really think thaat you have handled post differently when you suspect that it is a vendor post.  And I feel that this post could have been handled differently opposed to calling names. 
    Posted by JulieNFlo[/QUOTE]

I really didn't see anything rude coming from her post....I agree vendors suck..especially if they try to come off as a customer/bride
  • edited December 2011

I probably jumped to conclusions.  For that, I apologize.  I understand Julie's position in that she doesn't want to believe that a vendor that she has hired would ever do something that sleazy.  However, as I stated it is simply a very suspicious post from yet another out of town bride and this is their only post EVER on any board.  I certainly did not mean to come across as rude. 

With that being said....Welcome to the board Susie!  We are all very anxious to hear about you and your fiance and all the plans for your big day! Cool

Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

• susann1502susann1502 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unbelievable People UNBELIEVABLE!!
    With all due respect .. you are making too much out of this EVERYONE! 
    Where is the love- If i sent out magnets. and posted it on here- I could see that your point would be VALID... However. We spent a lot of time doing this video.. and my finance Ron & I ...  i are very excited about it... why don't you all quit trying to figure out why we posted it...We thought it was a great idea for some people out there..    
    I hope you understand why i am so frustrated.  You don't know me and are assuming things about me and my CHARACTER... THAT is the BIGGEST INSULT!!!!
    You have made my first post on here NOT a good experience.. 
    I hope in the future you all can take a minute and think about who you are writing about...and hope this satisfies everyones curiosity !!! 

We didn't want anyone to see the video until we sent out the Save the Dates....  :) 
    We were so excited but wanted it to be a surprise... They were suppose to get out early February. When my future Father-In-Law passed away suddenly.We have just been besides ourselves in saddness, this year was to be a great year... We have been looking so forward to even just a little happiness after such pain... Think about your wedding day without your DAD and know how we feel now!!!
    So all of you who are all wrapped up in WHO and WHY this was posted should KNOW that there are other factors involved here and although Our Wedding Day will be wonderful we will be missing a VERY IMPORTANT MAN!!!! 
    ~love...is not about the person you can live with... but the one you can't live without~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Susan,

So sad that you had to be a part of this madeness....it is usually never like this on our board.  I am so sorry again that you had to go through all of this sillyness.  I would like to welcome you to the board and hope that we see you around more often and that this does NOT stop you from posting with us.

This is a great group of girls and everyone here has some amazing ideas and input!!!  Welcome again!!!!  And more than anything CONGRATS on your big day!
  • msipko2002msipko2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt the need to add my opinion on this matter.  I am a brand new wife (married January 16th).  I had the perfect wedding and The Knot was a big part of that!

One week before my wedding, my husband and I decided to use a cinematographer. We were convinced to invest in one by other brides that love thier videos and brides that would give anything to go back to have a video.  Mind you, we were already over our budget, so this was a daring move for us.  Bryan was recommend to us from our wonderful photographers, Tina & Bob Sellers-Ortiz.  I called him up and he took over an hour to dicuss what we wanted. 

With no time to spare, Bryan and his wife invited us into their studio (where we were treated like royality) sipping on wine and reviewing their contract. Understanding our budget and time constraints, Bryan extended our final payment date to  3 weeks after our wedding!!!  Seriously, that was way ABOVE and beyond. On top of it all, their work was truly amazing. This is no "Uncle Bob" video recording, this is High-Definition motion movie magic.

Bryan, his wife, and their talent made my wedding the most amazing moment of my life.  I think about this video on a regualar basis and it puts a smile to my face. I HIGHLY doubt with such respectable services and customer service they spend time "tricking" the brides of TheKnot.com.  In fact, I know that this is absurd.  Please, do not take these women's comments to heart. The opportunity to meet the vendor of your dreams, could be lost!!!

http://www.tampawonderworks.com/theblog/2010/01/21/coming-attrations-marianne-john/
  • heidilein13heidilein13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All above nonsense aside Susann, I loved your Save The Date Video!  
  • susann1502susann1502 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_saving-date-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:ab277788-812a-47db-be71-71aeee624a32Post:c6cf64b6-c8e5-445a-b178-c822345524f4">Re: Saving-The-Date... IDEA</a>:
    [QUOTE]All above nonsense aside Susann, I loved your Save The Date Video!  
    Posted by heidilein13[/QUOTE]
     <div>Thank you!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards