Florida-West Coast

Confession tomorrow.....

Ahh I am a littler nervous about my first confession tomorrow. Any advice? I am almost officially Catholic. Next weekend is our Easter Vigil and I can not wait for that to be here.

Re: Confession tomorrow.....

• edited December 2011
    Thinking about it is worse than it really is, although I can't imagine doing it for the first time as an adult, lol! Alotta accumulated baggage! Wink

Remember, the priests have heard thousands, if not hundreds of 1000s of confessions, and from all walks of life, so you won't shock him--and you can't see each other, which keeps things anonymous.

Good luck.
  • lproutenlprouten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like pp said, its sounds worse then it is. I haven't been in YEARS so good luck! Remember you have the choice to be face to face or have a wall in-between. 

Have FUN!!!
  • ag.4.24.10ag.4.24.10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And do you have to get into detail with him or just say the sin?
  • edited December 2011
    You don't have to go into detail, if it sounds obscure he might ask you questions pertaining to the nature of the sin.  Generally if its not major they just listen say "go on" and then give you your penance.  It used to scare me when I was little, but its actually very easy.  And you feel better afterwards (or at least I used to).  Good luck, I am sure you will do fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was so scared before my one and only confession as well.  I actually had to be practically dragged there before my confirmation. 

Looking back...I wish I would have just shocked the hell out of the priest instead of saying things like "i cuss, I don't help my mom, etc."
  • dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't be scared.  I was born and raised Catholic and it's not anything to be nervous about.  Just tell him what you want to say.  I keep a copy of the act of contrition in my purse so I use that when I go.

Congrats and welcome to the Catholic church.  Which church do you attend?  I go to St. Stephen in Valrico (Brandon area) and our pastor is the best.  He just married us and is wonderful.
  • ag.4.24.10ag.4.24.10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SO Confession went very well. I cried a little but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards