Florida-West Coast

It Happened...

So I wrote a few weeks ago about needing help talking to my parents about the idea of marriage. I had casually brought it up in conversation with her but it had just kinda gotten blown off.

Well yesterday as I was out at Bok Towers Gardens in FL my then BF ( NOW FI
) proposed.

He and I enjoy being outdoors and going on long walks and hikes. A few weeks back he had asked me if I would block off Friday evening to spend with him for a date night. (of course I wasn't going to turn that down). As the day got closer he told me that the date was time sensitive and that we would have to leave at noon. So while it was Black Friday my mom and I were out shopping, so my mom and I met BF at Subway for lunch so we could head on our way.

The night before he had given me 2 hints about where we were going. 1) I have been to this place before 2) I had mentioned wanting to go back … Neither of these were true.

We went to Bok Towers to take a walk through the gardens as well as go through A House that had been built in 1932 and each year designers come and make each room festive. After having gone through the house we came to the spot with a beautiful overlook that is claimed to be the highest spot in FL. We hadn’t made it to the tower yet so we went on and took pictures of the beautiful tower as well as the 2 swans that were in the pod surrounding the tower.  We continue to the other side where there was another beautiful outlook overlooking an orange grove. There was another family around having a picnic but we went to a bench and just sat there cuddling for a little bit enjoying the cooler weather.

He began asking me a few questions:

“What is today’s date?”

“November 27th, why?”

“I thought it was the 26th”

“No Thanksgiving was  yesterday on the 26th”

“Oh, well does today have any special meaning?”

“No, why?”

This is where he got down on one knee and said. “Well it’s going to be ;I told you this was your favorite place; will you marry me?

I don’t know if he said much after that. I said of course and couldn’t stop kissing him (so I don’t think he did say much more)

After our hugging and kissing he told me he hadn’t told my parents yet  so we knew we were going to have dinner with them that evening. When we arrived back to my place, he told my parents we had something we would like to tell them. That is when he told my parents he had asked me to marry him today. They took it much better than expected but I could tell they were disappointed he hadn’t asked first.

Re: It Happened...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards