Florida-West Coast

Night of Wedding Hotel

Ok ladies...
Where are you staying the night of the wedding? I am looking at different hotels and really have no clue. Has anyone stayed at the Hilton St. Petersburg at Carillon Park?

Re: Night of Wedding Hotel

• edited December 2011
    i have no idea yet...im still not sure where to set up a room block for guests either!  i i wish there was a hotel closer to tbw! 
  • KappaKKappaK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying in the penthouse of the hotel where we have reserved rooms for our guests.  It is within "stumbling distance" of the yacht club where our reception is.  I went on a tour of the hotel this weekend and it was nice.  The penthouse is HUGE!  3 bedrooms!  My mom is having her massage therapist come out to give my BMs and I massages the day of the wedding, and we are having hair and make-up people come out too so I think we will end up needed all the space we can get! 
  • edited December 2011
    Ritz Carlton baby. Cool

(present from FI's brothers)
  • edited December 2011
    Ritz Carlton in Sarasota- I think :)
    But I have a room block for my guests at Hyatt Place in Sarasota
  • sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Ritz, nice!  If I ever leave my job due to moving and want to stay in the hospitality industry, I will go to the Ritz.  They do it right. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Make sure you tell the Ritz it's your wedding night before and they'll completely decorate your room with rose petals and give you a bottle of champagne, chocolate and strawberries :-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_night-of-wedding-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:d0443d88-1462-4e87-b5c7-c6dbf9b2b76cPost:026a1460-8515-4248-b6c3-9d15e9d44d45">Re: Night of Wedding Hotel</a>:
    [QUOTE]Make sure you tell the Ritz it's your wedding night before and they'll completely decorate your room with rose petals and give you a bottle of champagne, chocolate and strawberries :-)
    Posted by JDechen[/QUOTE]

JDechen - I have questions about your DOC.  I'm thinking of using her.  Would you mind emailing me at carolynanddavewedding@gmail.com ?

Also, should I ask FI's brothers to tell the Ritz it is our wedding night since the reservation isn't in our name??? I'm not sure how to handle this.  Should I tell FI's SIL... she would probably be on it?
  • edited December 2011
    Same as redklein - staying at the Ritz Carlton Sarasota for 2 nights and we have our hotel block at The Hyatt Place.
  • jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at the Marriott Sand Key, which is where we are getting married.  I have stayed at the Hilton in Carillon Park, and it's pretty nice!
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • edited December 2011
    We're planning on staying at the Don Cesar Hotel for the wedding night. It's where we stayed for our 3 year anniversary the night he proposed, so we're excited about staying there again!
    Anniversary
  • MrsCanes511MrsCanes511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Helmsley Sandcastle, Lido Key
  • edited December 2011

My best friend got married at the Hilton Carillon Park. It was beautiful and the rooms were fantastic. We got great service and loved every minute of our weekend stay there!!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I appreciate all the responses!!
  • SBride1SBride1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Westin Harbour Island and I cannot say enough great things about it.  FI had brought our luggage earlier that day, and they had it brought to our room.  They gave us complimentary champagne and everyone was so happy for us and gave us anything we wanted!!  And the heavenly bed and bath... AMAZING!!
    Dinner in Florence!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Moon- probably tell SIL, I feel like girls are better about that stuff.  Also, YGM regarding DOC.
  • edited December 2011
    We are staying at the Renissance Intl Plaza...not sure if this is to far for you.  But we have their suite and it is HUGE and BEAUTIFUL!  And like others we mentioned the wedding and they have discounted the room and added some extras.  This is also the same hotel that we blocked for our guest. 
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards