Florida-West Coast
Options

RE: Saving-The-Date....IDEA

I felt the need to add my opinion on this matter.  I am a brand new wife (married January 16th).  I had the perfect wedding and The Knot was a big part of that!

One week before my wedding, my husband and I decided to use a cinematographer. We were convinced to invest in one by other brides that love thier videos and brides that would give anything to go back to have a video.  Mind you, we were already over our budget, so this was a daring move for us.  Bryan was recommend to us from our wonderful photographers, Tina & Bob Sellers-Ortiz.  I called him up and he took over an hour to dicuss what we wanted. 

With no time to spare, Bryan and his wife invited us into their studio (where we were treated like royality) sipping on wine and reviewing their contract. Understanding our budget and time constraints, Bryan extended our final payment date to  3 weeks after our wedding!!!  Seriously, that was way ABOVE and beyond. On top of it all, their work was truly amazing. This is no "Uncle Bob" video recording, this is High-Definition motion movie magic.

Bryan, his wife, and their talent made my wedding the most amazing moment of my life.  I think about this video on a regualar basis and it puts a smile to my face. I HIGHLY doubt with such respectable services and customer service they spend time "tricking" the brides of TheKnot.com.  In fact, I know that this is absurd.  Please, do not take these women's comments to heart. The opportunity to meet the vendor of your dreams, could be lost!!!www.tampawonderworks.com/theblog/2010/01/21/coming-attrations-marianne-john/">

http://www.tampawonderworks.com/theblog/2010/01/21/coming-attrations-marianne-john/

Re: RE: Saving-The-Date....IDEA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree with you and it is said that the situation had to get to this.  But I think that it has all been taken care of and apologizes have been made as necessary. 

I have not been able to work with Bryan yet but we have a session scheduled and he has been absolutely amazing to work with throughout the process.  He is very nice and DOES go over and beyond his call of duty to make the bride happy. 

Again Susan we apologize in advance for all of this like I mentioned this board is amzzaing and the girls are all here to help and we love to hear all the new ideas that everyone come up with. 
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    msipko2002 ,

I saw your original video post and booked Bryan the very next day.  My meeting with Bryan is on March 12 and I am so so so pumped about it.  I never even thought to have a videographer until I saw your trailer.  I'm seriously considering upgrading to the best package they have.  Right now I'm at the 2nd best package.  He has become my favorite vendor so far.  We have bantered back and forth over email and him and Tracey both sent me a card thanking me for my business.  I haven't gotten a thank you from anyone else.  I will be so sad when my wedding day is over but I know I have this video to look forward to.  And I have spent a few work hours watching all of his videos, and yes I teared up at a few of them.

Thanks again for the referral!  I am SO happy I saw your post that day.

No one actually knows the rules when they are new so let's all give each other some slack in the future.  We can communatively ask people to introduce themselves and don't have to wait for the moderater.   We get SO excited when we book a good vendor and want to share the news.

Christy
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards