Florida-West Coast

So how was your weekend?

How was your Thanksgiving?
Did you get any Wedding related things done?

Cool

Re: So how was your weekend?

• jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Thanksgiving was good.  FI & I are still on vacation, it's been lots of fun! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mine didn't start off so great - I ended up getting a terrible migraine on Thursday and FI and I had to leave his parents house quite early.  No fun at all.
    Friday and Saturday my mom and I re-did my master bathroom, Took down all the fixtures and replaced them, painted, cleaned, all that fun stuff.  Turned out very nice.
    Didn't do too much wedding related. Started messing around with my centerpieces, that's about it.
    Photobucket
  • corstinkcorstink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was great! I got my dress yesterday and it fit perfectly, only alterations needed will be to hem it! So excited!!

How was your holiday??
  • ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was okay. Tried to work with FMIL to get real names (not nicknames!) and addresses for her portion of the guest list. Didn't go so well. Not only did I not get the names and addresses, she kept getting angry that her entire list (90 people) weren't getting invites (we can only have 150 guests). Argh!
  • Mine was quiet.  Did not go home to NY like usual.  I did get some wedding stuff done, I addressed the envelopes, printed off invites, finished guestbook,  printed tags for favors.  Tomorrow we will hopefully finish printing RSVP cards.

How was your weekend?
  • dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our turkey day was nice.  FI did the birds on the grill and they were so yummy.

I did get some wedding things done: finished putting the out of town gift bags for the hotel together and started the seating chart.  My reply date was Saturday and I'm working on tracking down a few people.  ARG!! 

I am a bit bummed though because I had planned on purchasing a couple of items from another bride.  My sister tried contacting her and she never responded to get the items.  I had already worked those into our weddng and now have to take them back out.  All in all though it was good and producitve.

How about your holiday Moonstone?  Was it enjoyable?
  • edited December 2011
    My weekend was good.  Spent Thursday and Friday on the East Coast at FI's parents place.

I got some wedding related things done on Saturday and Sunday.
    - stuffed the envelopes with the invites and QC-ed my sister's addressing job.  SHE DID SUCH BEAUTIFUL WORK ADDRESSES OUR INVITES!
    - Made the Bridesmaid's luncheon's invites
    - booked a rental car for our HM
    - called Delta since they changed our flights for our HM.  argh.
    - finalized the BM luncheon menu
    - bought some things for the B-marathon ;)
    - started the booklet for OOT guest bags

Invites go out today.  I'm going to take them in to get weighed one last time, slap the stamps on, and out they go!!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a nice weekend up until FI left for work on Friday :( He is going to be gone for 3 weeks booo....

Oh a fantastic note, FI G-ma decided to change her mind about not coming to the wedding, (she originally rsvped no because she was afraid about not being well, health wise) because of Thanksgiving and all the wedding talk on the day of she decided she could possibly miss it and she is coming!!!

Also FMIL found a dress, it looks great on her!

• babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My weekend went wonderful. But having 3 meals is tough

FI and I are trying to have a date picked (or atleast timeline) by January 1.  :o)

• edited December 2011
    We had a great Thanksgiving, I made a turkey for the first time and it turned out really well! On Saturday, I took two of my bridesmaids (my FI's sisters) to the bridal shop to get fitted and we ordered their dresses! I also started working on our invitation wording last night as well.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards