New York-Western

Acqua/Harry's

Hi girls,
I had my wedding planned for about a year now at Harry's harbour place grille in Buffalo. Unfortunately they recently came under new ownership and it is now called Acqua. I was assured by the banquet manager that she would still be there and the chef would be the same after the transition. Today I found out that not only is there a new chef, but the previous banquet manager is gone... Are any of you also having your reception at Harry's/Acqua and are in a similar situation?? I'd love to hear what they are telling other brides, and since I'm an out of town bride I'd love to hear if any changes have been made to the banquet room since I'm unable to go view it.
Thanks!

Re: Acqua/Harry's

• edited December 2011
    I heard about that change and wondered what would happen to weddings that have already been booked. Sounds like they are already talking about changing their menu and image. Can't change that awesome view though.. so I'm sure your wedding will still be amazing and no one will be looking at the banquet room. When is your wedding date? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AmandaB29AmandaB29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my cousin is getting married there in september. So far everything is  going well with the transition, as far as I know. She really liked the guy she's dealing with now. I'm sure everything will be great!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses!! My wedding date is Sept 24th, so at least there is still time to work on any issues that may come up... Glad to hear your cousin likes the new coordinator!
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Snowbumab!! I can totally relate. Our wedding is booked there for Feb 2012. I was so sad to see its no longer Harry's and now Acqua. I am VERY nervous about it though. Unfortunatly we have paid all of our deposits at this point. I found these reviews recently about a wedding since the change over.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/42/460855/restaurant/Black-Rock/Acqua-Restaurant-and-Banquets-Buffalo

But we met with the new planner and she seemed reassuring. I hope by February all the kinks are worked out. Lets stay in touch!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Who did you meet with?? I heard the new coordinator was a man named John, but you said you met with a woman?
    That review makes me really nervous, but at the same time we also have paid all our deposits and it's way too late to find anything new. I feel like it's out of my control!
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sent you a PM!

BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards