New York-Western

Lucarelli's-Buffalo

I just got engaged yesterday!! We are planning on having our wedding next September 2011. I am looking for a venue right away. I have an appointment set-up @ Lucarelli's. Their prices seem great. I was wondering if anyone has had, or planning to have thier wedding there?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lucarelli's-Buffalo

• KJ7985KJ7985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement! I do have to say, I have thrown a bridal shower at Lucarelli's and, though the room was nice and the dinner options are reasonably priced, I was very disappointed with the quality of the food. I know that people have had good experiences with Lucarelli's so you may want to get some other opinions (or do a tasting before you put down a deposit), but that was my impression of that venue. Good luck with your planning :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nicole7109Nicole7109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for giving me your input!! I have a meeting there with the owner on Tuesday morning, so I'm definitely going to ask about doing a tasting ahead of time :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there in Aug. I thought the food was good, it was not awesome but good for wedding food. I definately didn't leave hungry that was for sure. I had two complaints about the wedding. The waiters/waitress didn't refill water glasses during dinner and I was dying of thrist. The DJ was awful, he keep playing fast song, after fast song. That could have bride and grooms choice not sure. I just found him to be annoying. All in all I gave the wedding a 7 out of 10.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks degrea! I also went to a wedding there in August~ I thought everything was good, but the wedding was sort of lame lol..I think if you have good people coming to your wedding, and a good dj, that can make a world of a difference. We are planning on getting saxmanslim for our wedding. I'm not sure if you ever heard of him. My cousin had him for her wedding, and I was really impressed! He played the saxaphone during cocktail hour~many modern songs on the saxaphone, which I though was pretty cool, and then was the dj for the rest of the evening~he did an awesome job! Also, the room we were in for the wedding was sort of wierd..the dance floor was up the stairs by where the head table..I didnt like that too much..but the room we are looking into is different. It's the piazza room, which I guess is thier biggest and newest room. Did you have the buffet or a sit-down dinner? The wedding I went to had the buffet..and like you said the food was good, but not amazing..a friend of mine knows someone who works there. He said to definitely do the sit down dinner with filet mignon, stuffed chicken, and twiced baked potatoes. I had my appoinrtment with the owner tomorrow morning, so we'll see how it goes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had sit down dinner. I think he were in the piazza room but really cant remember.For dinner we had steak and stuff chicken, mash potatoes, and some sort of veggie. The steak was good and the chicken looked good. I think i took a few bites before I said uncle. 

I know who saxman sam is. I would check with Lucarelli's about bring in DJ because I thoughr they had a house DJ, aka you can't bring in your own.  I could be wrong.

Also if you are looking for something simular price to Lucarelli's I would check Salvatores, Samuels, Muellium Hotel (sp), and Banquets. Good luck! Let us know how it went!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So we ended up booking at Lucarelli's, I really liked the room, and the owner was extremely helpful. We're gonna do the sit-down dinner. For $45.90 a person, it includes appitizers, 5 course meal, a flambe station with banana's foster, champagne taost for all guests, and chair covers for all seats. The gratuity is only 18% there, as opposed to 21% at most places. The date we set is September 24th, 2011. They said I could bring in my own dj, so I'm having saxman send me a contract. I'm just so relieved we found a place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You will have an awesome wedding. Sounds so yummy! That bannana thingy was so good!
  • edited December 2011
    I recently went to a wedding there. The food was so/so, but what was strange was the way they served the food. We got the bread and the salad. Then they brought our a random bowl of pasta for the table to share...enough for everyone to have a spoonful. Then, maybe 10-15 minutes later our dinners came out...it was just odd.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards