New York-Western

Bridal Shower/Rehearsal Dinner

Just out of curiousity, where is everyone having (or had) their Bridal Showers and Rehearsal Dinners.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower/Rehearsal Dinner

• AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shower was at my aunt's home. Shower was at the Red Mill in Clarence (very good!)
  • edited December 2011
    My shower was at my parents' house. The rehearsal is also going to be there. We wanted a laid back comfy, kick off your shoes vibe because the wedding is pretty formal. We're keeping it simple with "Buffalo Foods" (good pizza, wings, roast beef.) 
    Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 120 Invited image 58 Party People!image 11 Are missing out!image 51 are MIA ...
    RSVP Date: November 1, 2011

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Are you in Rochester or Buffalo?

In Rochester we're having our RD at Bistro 135.  We also really liked the Gate House.  

Next Door Bar & Grill in Pittsford (Wegman's owned) will charge you a ridiculous minimum, so don't even bother.

We didn't have my shower in the area.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shower- One was at SIL house-wegmans catered. The other was at The University Inn. Food was outstanding, staff was really friendly, my mom said easy to work with, nothing bad to report.

RD- Eagle House- Awesome. The food was amazing, we had Buffalo Buffet, Really easy to work with, staff was friendly and attentive, my drink was never empty!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My showers are at The Delaware and Templeton Landing and rehersal at Pearl Street.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    My shower was at Eagle House (was wonderful!), and my rehearsal dinner will be at Red Mill Inn, on Main Street in Williamsville (haven't had it yet - next thursday!!). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shower will be at banchetti's (we looked at Milos on main st too- pretty room!)
    RD will be at panes italian restaurant...looked at chefs but their sabres 'french connection' room was too small for who we'd have =(
  • edited December 2011

Hi girls,

Great to hear good reviews of The Eagle House (especially the Buffalo buffet!)  Our wedding ceremony is going to be in Williamsville, so I thought it would make sense to have the rehearsal dinner in the village as well, and The Eagle House was one of the places I was considering..  Since we live out ot town and this will be the first time some of our friends will be visiting Buffalo, we have promised them some wings, beef on weck, etc.  How are the wings there?  My fiance was so impressed with Duff's that he asked if we could have the rehearsal there. I love Duff's, but that's not quite the vibe I was going for. :)  I think Eagle House has a private room/patio in the back, right? Privacy is important to me because I want people to be able to do some informal toasts at the R.D.

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_bridal-showerrehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:f174784e-4b14-4910-82be-11bf6cdaec33Post:071eaccc-f3fd-4fd7-b2b9-5b8dec547096">Re: Bridal Shower/Rehearsal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi girls, Great to hear good reviews of The Eagle House (especially the Buffalo buffet!)  Our wedding ceremony is going to be in Williamsville, so I thought it would make sense to have the rehearsal dinner in the village as well, and The Eagle House was one of the places I was considering..  Since we live out ot town and this will be the first time some of our friends will be visiting Buffalo, we have promised them some wings, beef on weck, etc.  How are the wings there?  <strong>The wings were good. We went with Medium because we had some little kids there. They were good quality wing, not fatty. Obviously they aren't as good as Duff's but they rival any local bar/ pizza place. </strong>My fiance was so impressed with Duff's that he asked if we could have the rehearsal there. I love Duff's, but that's not quite the vibe I was going for. :)  I think Eagle House has a private room/patio in the back, right? <strong>We had the private room upstairs. They also have a patio, but we didn't use that at all. They are bathrooms upstairs so your guest don't have to leave the upstairs. As a warning there is not an elevator so your guest will all have to be able to walk upstairs. (might want to double check this) </strong>Privacy is important to me because I want people to be able to do some informal toasts at the R.D.
    Posted by amg8[/QUOTE]

<strong>As another note. The food was very good, the beef on weck was some of the best I have had. We got several complaints on it and my whole family was born and raised in BLO. They also allowed us to add pizza to the buffet. They order it from Santora's (SP), it is right down the street. It was a nice touch and the first thing gone that night. They let us bring in an ice cream cake from diary queen for dessert to. So yummy! </strong>

<strong>Another reason we ended up going there they didn't make us sign up for a beverage plan. So we only paid for what we drank and the whole bar was open. It worked out better for us. Some places weren't willing to make this happen.
    </strong>
    <strong>I would gladly recommend them to any one; they were easy to work with, super friendly and the night went off with out any glitches. </strong>
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    Shower was at Gate House Grill in Williamsville (food was great!).

RD will be at Chef's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards