New York-Western

Wedding Location Help in Buffalo/Rochester area

I was wondering if I could get everyone's thoughts on three wedding locations (ceremony and reception) in the Buffalo/Rochester area. My fiancee and I visited a bunch of locations this week and these were our top 3.

- Samuel's Grand Manor: I liked the ceremony site a lot. The reception room (Josephine Room) was very pretty and would comfortably seat our 100 guests. They do have multiple weddings at one time.

- La Galleria: This was my favorite reception room. The only downside is I didn't like where we'd have our ceremony if we had it there. My fiancee would rather get married at the Japanese Garden at Avanti Mansion (too expensive for a reception) and have the reception at La Galleria. However, this would make it the most expensive option out of the 3 since it would cost $2400 just for our ceremony site.

- Webster Country Club: Not as stunning as the other two, but still a nice reception room. We couldn't have our ceremony there since there's not enough room for 100, and we don't know right now where we'd have our ceremony (My fiancee is not religious so he doesn't want to get married in a church). However, the price is very reasonable and we'd save money having our wedding there.

Re: Wedding Location Help in Buffalo/Rochester area

• I have only been to La Galleria and it was for a baby shower, not a wedding. It was a nice space w/ good food but the room they had it in had lots of posts throughout so it was difficult to see some things. Just a thought. I have heard good things about Samuel's from others.
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment

You can't go wrong with Samuel's. I have been to several weddings there and the food is always good, service is good and place is clean.

Never been to La Galleria so I don't have an opinion.
    Never been to the Webster CC but I have heard it is very nice.

Just a question why such a distance between all the venues. Between Sameul's and Webster it is a 1 1/2 drive. Do you have family in both cities?

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Neither of us are from Buffalo, but he has family in Rochester and I have family scattered throughout the state. We just wanted to find a place that we both liked since some of our family would have to travel regardless of where it was.
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    That makes since. I was just confused since there is quite some distance. Good luck with the rest of your planning.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I actually just toured La Galleria yesterday and agree that the cermony space leaves something to be desired. I really like the indoor spaces they had and their prices though! Can't help much more though as we ended up going with another option which also does not have a ceremony space.
  • I'm an old married lady now, but I got married at the Webster Golf Club 8 years ago.  They were wonderful!  I loved that the pricing was all-inclusive, and if they still get the cakes from Gruttadaurias, they are delicious!  We had so many compliments on the food and the bar.  After seeing so many of my friends' weddings and the issues that they have had, I have to say that I had a really smooth experience at WGC.  The day of the wedding, my florist forgot my cake topper, and our day-of coordinator actually put something together on the fly that looked great.  Our pictures in the garden were great. 

Also, we had our ceremony in the gazebo, and had about 20 seats for the parents/grandparents/handicapped guests.  It was a non-religious ceremony, and only took about 20 minutes, and everyone else stood for it.  It worked out fine. 

Best of luck whatever you choose!
    PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards