Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

JUST MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and vendor reviews! (long post)

Hey girls!!!!I just got home from my honeymoon last night, but I am off work today so I wanted to get these posted.  I have to start off by saying that my wedding day was everything I could ask for and more, everything was PERFECT and a large part of that was due to my vendors...so, if yu see lots and lots of "A"s that's why!!!!Location-Embassy Suites in Covington- A++++We held our ceremony and reception all at the Embassy Suites in Covington.  About 3 months ago, my contact left and Shannon Bohman was hired as the catering manager.  The move made me nervous at first, but from the moment I met Shannon she was AWESOME to work with.  No detail was forgotten, and there was plenty of staff to help with everything.  The wait staff was prompt and were smiling the entire night.  The food was yummy, hot, and served in a timely manner (I have been to some sit down weddigns were this was not the case!) Shannon came in before noon and didn't leave until 1130 the day of our wedding just to make sure that everything was exactly the way we discussed.  I CANNOT recommend the service we got there highly enough.  Also, we got a ton of compliments from our guests about how having our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the same place was so easy for them.  the views from the balcony were awesome, and provided a great background for or pictures. DJ-Ryan Kellinghouse, 513 DJ, A++++++++++Ryan was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He triple checked everything (even down to the pronounciation of every single member of our wedding party's name so he could announce them correctly)  He helped us create an itinerary for the night, and kept us on schedule the whole time.  He played exactly the music we wanted...the dance floor filled up during the first song, and stayed full all night long.   Ryan is a little pricy compared to some other DJ's we looked at, but trust me ladies, he is worth EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Photography-Amanda Egan A+++++++Amanda is awesome and takes the most wonderful pictures in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I cannot wait to see how the pictures that her and Beth took turned out.  She arrived right on time the day of the wedding, and was right there for everything.  Her and Beth made sure that we were all comfortable for the camera, and kept us right on track the whole day. The only slight (and I mean slight) bump was that we had to wait over 2 months for our e-pics, but Amanda was extremley responsive to emails, and was apologetic about it.  She is a true professional and artist.Florist-Susan Foy, the wedding designer A++++++I met with several florists throughout the planning process, but Susan was the one that I felt most understood my "vision" for the wedding.  She was an incredible help throughout the planning process, and the MOST COMPETITIVE pricing by far!!!! My flowers were perfect the day of the wedding, they were everything I imagined and more.  I cannot recommend Susan highly enough. Cake-Shelley Knight- A+Shelley was extremley responsive throughout the planning process.  My cake turned out exactly the way I had pictured it, it was incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Also, I got numerous comments on how yummy it was from several people the night of the wedding...the one bite I actually took tasted awesome :)  Also, at $1.85 per slice, you can't beat her pricing. I think that's everyone (we did alot ourselves)...if anyone wants to see pics, or get more detailed information on any of these vendors please don't hesitate to email me at kim_dube@yahoo.comI know that it may seem I was being generous with my reviews, but these vendors were a key part of making my day as perfect as it was.  I was very nervous becuase I didn't have a day of coordinator, but everything was flawless thanks (in great deal) to Shannon at the Embassy, Amanda Egan, and Ryan Kellinghouse.  While I was planning my wedding, I know these reviews were extremley helpful.  I hope this helps, again, if I can answer any questions please don't hesitate to contact me!!!!!HAPPY PLANNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: JUST MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and vendor reviews! (long post)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome that the Embassy did such a great job for you!! That is where our ceremony & reception will be held and it's nice to hear that you enjoyed it so much! Was your ceremony on the terrace outside? Which room was your reception in?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    rschuckmanrschuckman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad everything was perfect.  Vendors can either make or break your wedding.  I'm glad you had awesome vendors!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    dsena111dsena111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    econner-great choice with the Embassy!  We had our ceremony on the terrace, cocktail hour in the Captains room, and reception in the Roebling ballroom!!!!  Please let me know if you need any other info about the location :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards