Pennsylvania
Options

Hey Poconos/Poconos Area Brides

Any of you getting married in July? What flowers are you using? I have no idea what is in bloom in your area during July/August.

TIA!

Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hey Poconos/Poconos Area Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married last July in the Poconos and used cala lilies.  You can use whatever flowers you want -- unless you plan to pick some wildflowers from random fields...
  • Options
    nontradduonontradduo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Have you picked a florist yet?
    Once you have one, you can specify that you want only in-season flowers to make the most of your floral budget, or if you have your heart set on a particular bloom that's not in season then let the florist know that, along with your budget, and they can work with you or let you know that it may be unreasonable.
    There are always all-season flowers as well like roses, many of the lilies, carnations, etc.  Summer season has lots of flowers...
    I believe the knot has a section on flowers and seasonality and you can use your search engine of choice to find out all about whatever flowers are available in your season and specifically July. 
    The florists in the Poconos (my home area and where I will be getting married too!) will have the same selection of seasonal flowers that could be found elsewhere.
    Good luck on your flower choices.

"It's easy to halve the potato where there's love." - Irish Proverb
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I recently got engaged and I just had to share the fabulous photographer I am using from mabelphotos.com you can look her up on FB also facebook.com/mabelphotos. She will travel to PA at no additional cost. Not only are her prices a bargain but she has a lot of perks. The wedding package she is offering now includes a free engagement session! Hurry before that offer expires! I shoot my engagement session next month in Central Park! I'm so exited.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards