Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

pro picts at RD

We decided to opt out of our engagement session photos and the credit our photog will give us is very minimal (understandably so, as that was part of the pkg). So instead, I have asked if she’d come shoot picts at the rehearsal. I’m wondering if anyone else has had professional picts taken of the rehearsal?  I’m sure we’ll do a couple posed shots, but also want her to capture other things as the rehearsal is going on...not just all candids.  Is this strange?  Any thoughts, opinons, ideas are welcome! Espeically from anyone who has done this. Thanks!

Re: pro picts at RD

• Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We opted out of this option, however, our photog has done quite a few. If you browse their blog studio3z.com/blog they have some shots. I know they did a few great ones. I think it would be a great idea and would capture the moment without having too many posed shots. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't ask our photog to do it, and looking back on the shots we got from friends and family of the RD, I kind of wish we had.  My family is NOT known for knowing how to work a camera....We DID however, have our videographer at the actual rehearsal (not the RD) - and that was awesome. You can see the video of it under "Rehearsal" in my married bio.   I'd definitely recommend doing that if you can.ETA:  Well, normally you can see the videos in my bio, apparently youtube is down right now.  :(  If you want to see the RD, you can see it here on Lifetime's blog:[url[]http://thelifecastingblog.com/?p=151[/url]
  • Options
    rschuckmanrschuckman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want engagement pics + rehearsal/dinner pics!  There is so much to capture at the rehearsal!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hollsmvhollsmv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my photographer said that she shys away from shooting the RD because pictures of people eating are generally unflattering, not to mention no one wants their pic taken while shoveling it in! She recommended just coming to the actual rehearsal since the window of time doesn't allow for both.thanks for the feedback girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer always comes to the rehearsal - it was included in the price.  She came so that she could look over the venue to make sure the lighting, angles ect. were ok and that she would know if she need to bring any additional equipment the day of, she also looked around to see where the best places to take our pre-wedding photos would be which really helped with the flow of things on wedding day. We have some great shots that otherwise would have been missed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards